Finally SSD

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally I bought an SSD and mounted it on my laptop.

I have a 5 year laptop with an i3 process (old generation), 2 years ago I have extended the 4gb and now I have 8gb (more it does not support)
Now not wanting to buy a new laptop, I thought of a solution to speed it up (too many sw slow it down) and so I decided to buy SSD.

Finally Tuesday I bought my SSD .... first impressions?
In fact, the start is incredible, in a few seconds it is operational, before it also required 5/10 minutes to start completely.
For installations, I have speeded up but not too much, because much depends on the CD player and the machine as a whole. Now I can keep going another 2 years.

I had Windows 8.1 64bit, I tried to passae to windows 10 64bit, but crashed continuously, but I do not have a good relationship with W10. Also other installations that I have done to my friends check the blue screen continuously.

So I switched to Winwdow 7 32bit (I do not own the 64bit version) and it's working fine for now. My favorites are Win7 and WinXp.

I had a 500gb HD with only 100Gb free. Now I have reinstalled everything and copied my personal archive. Now I have a 500Gb SSD with 350gb free ... Probably doing a clean installation I saved a lot of space.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
SSD is really the most important upgrade that you can make.
I made the purchase with this hope / conviction :)

D

Deleted member 103

2 years ago I have extended the 4gb and now I have 8gb (more it does not support)
Then I recommend you Windows-7 64 bit or Windows-10 64 bit, because then you can also use your 8GB memory; with 32bit can use only 4GB and that is a pity.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then I recommend you Windows-7 64 bit or Windows-10 64 bit, because then you can also use your 8GB memory; with 32bit can use only 4GB and that is a pity.
should I install again? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I do not have Windows 7 64bit available.
Windows 10 64bit has given me a lot of problems from the first start and removing it is a complicated layer since it is formatted/partitioned in a different way.

I will try to install Windows 8.1 64bit.

But another problem arises, Windows 7 32b I installed with the MB in Legacy mode.
But Windows 8.1 64b requires UEFI mode.

I lost 2 sleepless nights to solve this, and I would like to sleep at least a little tonight

P.S: When I compile app, it gives me satisfaction, it compiles very quickly, it was at least two years since I saw a compilation so instantaneous. This is enough for me to pay for my shopping

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your idea may not be completely crazy, I could keep two operating systems on the same PC maybe.
Who knows

D

Deleted member 103

Your idea may not be completely crazy, I could keep two operating systems on the same PC maybe.
I would not recommend two systems to you and Windows 8.1 not synonymous!
Either Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.

Windows 10 bit I use for business and personal, it works very well.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Laptop are 7-8 Years old with a i5 processor and 10 GB RAM (because one slot free :D) and a SSD too, upgrade 2 years ago, one year before i bought a Gaming and work PC. I had never Problems with Windows 10, hmm. I had bought it with Windows 7.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
MY desktop supports super crazy fast PCI SSD drives which go up to 3000mb/sec. My currrent SATA SSD is fast already, can't imagine running anything faster like a PCI one. But yes, I agree with everyone else here, since upgrading to my first 60gb SSD eight years ago, I've never looked back and never had a PC without one.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm probably unpleasant at Windows10, and it's mutual. :p:p

I always have blue screens with strange errors and do not let you access windows, not even to the user's choice. And in the end I'm forced to format..Thanks I prefer to live :D:D:D

I would put MacOS ... but I do not have an apple :p

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another "not so crazy" idea: use Linux as your main OS and any Windows you're comfortable with just for B4X developing.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another "not so crazy" idea: use Linux as your main OS and any Windows you're comfortable with just for B4X developing.
I did it for a few years, but for other reasons, it does not seem appropriate to explain here.
Noow, usually I use VirtualBox and Linux, MacOS, GoogleChrome I run them inside.

But for the moment I have little time I'm happy with the necessary and go fast, windows with all its faults, enough for what I have to do at the moment.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For starting at 3,99 € you will find a license on Ebay. ;)
Microsoft fell so low, I was not aware.
Now I'm looking for.

The question remains that I do not want / can still format ... if you are content to be installed without requiring anything .... it's okay :p

D

Deleted member 103

You can save an image of the current state, if the new system does not like then you can reinstall the previous image.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can save an image of the current state, if the new system does not like then you can reinstall the previous image.
Ok, but I'll buy another SSD to do it. :cool::cool::cool:
Transferring the 30 GB of data required an eternity between HDD and SSD.
For an image of 170gb better than I buy a second SSD, make an image and if I do not like I go back and the second SSD that I bought someone's gift :p:p:p:D:D:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Now I have a 500Gb SSD with 350gb free
and another recommendation!
Always divide the disk into two partitions, one for the system and one for the data.
So you can always make an image of the system partition, and if something happens you can always install the previous image. ;)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Time doesn't exist.
It's our mind that needs it to work sequentially on matters. A different intelligence could "see" everything as happening on what we would call an instant, or at the same time.