Beta Find And Replace

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok so this is probably only a minor niggle which most professional programmers won't even use, but I'm not that professional and often decide that a Label would be better as a Button or a variable should be remained to better suit its intended purpose. For that reason I often use the find and replace feature. This used to be Ctrl+F which gave the option of finding and also replacing. I see that it is now F3 which is not a problem as I'll soon get used to that although I'd prefer Ctrl+H as it would be more in-line with other programs that have find and replace.

The problem that I have found is that if you highlight the word and press F3 it doesn't copy that word into the find box. Instead you need to remember to copy the word first and then paste it into the find box or type the value manually. As I said, its only a minor thing but a step back from the previous version in my opinion.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also if you select a region of code it doesn't default to 'selection', which if you're not careful it is easy to apply the find and replace to the whole document and not just the selected area.

Upvote 0

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok so this is probably only a minor niggle which most professional programmers won't even use, but I'm not that professional and often decide that a Label would be better as a Button or a variable should be remained to better suit its intended purpose. For that reason I often use the find and replace feature. This used to be Ctrl+F which gave the option of finding and also replacing. I see that it is now F3 which is not a problem as I'll soon get used to that although I'd prefer Ctrl+H as it would be more in-line with other programs that have find and replace.

The problem that I have found is that if you highlight the word and press F3 it doesn't copy that word into the find box. Instead you need to remember to copy the word first and then paste it into the find box or type the value manually. As I said, its only a minor thing but a step back from the previous version in my opinion.

definitely needs to be back to normal (ctrl-f), at the very least it needs to be ctrl-h to be consistent. I use a keyboard "drawer" and my function keys aren't even accessible 99.9% of the time.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless I missed something all the issues discussed above are already implemented for the next update.

definitely needs to be back to normal (ctrl-f)
Ctrl + F opens the quick search feature which is much more powerful for searching then the Find / Replace dialog.

Upvote 0