Android Question Firebase admob

DankoOgulin

Licensed User
Hello. I have problem with showing adds in my apps. I finded tutorial on forum https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...b-ads-integrated-with-firebase-backend.67710/ i also falowed Integration firebase services tutorial , this video also helped me in integration But i missed something , i cant make firebase admob example to work.
I will write steps i did , maybe someone can tell me what i mised. Sorry for my english i am awere that is not good enought but i hope you can understand me.

Steps:

1. I created new project in firebase, i set package name for project
2. i download google-service.json file to my b4a project folder (same folder where is project file)
3. In b4a i change package name to be same as firebase app package name
4. In manifest editor i added
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Firebase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAdMob.FirebaseAds)
5.in library manager i aded firebase admob library
6. i copied code from exemple https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...b-ads-integrated-with-firebase-backend.67710/

Please can you teell me what i did wrong . Thank you! Danko

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you try with banner, interstistial and the numbers of Test Ads?

Did you use a real device or emulator?

Export your project and put it here to test.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see the step where you created an AdMob account - did you do that?

As asales said, posting the project here would help.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also - you posted a link to the Firebase Push Notifications video tutorial. This isn't relevant to AdMob, so I'm hoping it was just a typo.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

DankoOgulin

Licensed User
its working now, but only with test ads used in example. My real ads are not showing ,I created admob account and i created app that i connected with firebase app. It generated me this code
ca-app-pub-5853489865481747/9828500789. I replaced code in example with this code. I am testing ap using realdevice. I compile project as realese.
Yes i posted firebase push notification video becouse there in that video i learned how to integrated firebase in project. I cant upload project becouse file is to big! Thank you all!

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
its working now, but only with test ads used in example. My real ads are not showing ,I created admob account and i created app that i connected with firebase app. It generated me this code
ca-app-pub-5853489865481747/9828500789. I replaced code in example with this code. I am testing ap using realdevice. I compile project as realese.
If you are able to show test ads then your implementation is correct. There can be a number of reasons real ads don't show, including:

* No ads available for your region at the time you requested one;
* It can sometimes take up to a couple of days for ads to come through after creating them in AdMob;
* You haven't completed the payment details in your account.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

DankoOgulin

Licensed User
Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
As admob show test ad, then code and implementation is good.
I never test my app with my real ID, I'm using test ID and conditional compiling for store, where I replace test ID with my real ID.
Also GDPR is in action 7 months now, you will need to implement user consent, as anyone from EU can sue you for they data usage.
EU also can sue you for users private data usage without consent. Fines are up to 20.000.000 euros.
You can read about fines and GDPR in your language on this link: https://gdpr2018.eu/sto-donosi-gdpr/gdpr-cesto-postavljana-pitanja/

Upvote 0