Android Question Firebase Auth issue

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i have implemented firebase auth on my phone and on my phone it works fine but on other phones i cannot not login using gmail account.

this is what i get on the logs:

Logger connected to: 4200f7289b336595
--------- beginning of main
*** Service (starter) Create ***
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
** Service (starter) Destroy (ignored)**
** Service (firebasemessaging) Destroy **
SignInWithGoogle called
sending message to waiting queue (OnActivityResult)
running waiting messages (1)
SignInWithGoogle.ResultArrived
ResultArrived Error: Status{statusCode=DEVELOPER_ERROR, resolution=null}, null

what could be the reason that on my phone it works fine but not on other phones?

thanx, ilan

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have updated the SHA1 key again on my Firebase Console (that was the same) and download again the json file.
i dont know why it stopped working but i have a proove that it worked view days ago and now stopped working (youtube.com/watch?v=1NTyYpwlrkA).

What could be the reason for that, that i have to download again the json file to make it work again?
the thing is that on my phone everything worked fine but today i get a mail of users telling me they cannot login to their account.

without that mail i even wouldnot know something is wrong.

could it be maybe if i install new packages from SDK MANAGER that i have to make that process again?

thanx

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
could it be that the issue is because i have 2 apps with the same Private sign Key and same SHA1 key? (both uses firebase auth)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
could it be that the issue is because i have 2 apps with the same Private sign Key and same SHA1 key? (both uses firebase auth)
all my app have the same sign key. In total they are 37 apps in my firebase project. I am using my signkey since years without changing it.

I may be wrong but i guess they are all the same. Need to go through all to finally know.
I went through 5 of them. All have the same sign key

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there is still a problem. i have uploaded a new build to the store. if i use it on my phone it works (the app was installed when compileusing b4a)
if i download the app to another phone i am not able to login. i dont get any error msg. it just doesnotlog in.

i have followed all instructions but still it doesnot work. the thing is that on my phone it does work but if i install the app from the store it doesnot work. only if i run it from b4a in release mode or debug mode.

maybe this can help? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37273145/error-statusstatuscode-developer-error-resolution-null

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi
one cause may be this
When a version of Google Play is published, see if you want to manage the signed keys, you must disable it, it is one of the reasons why this error is generated. This is the question that is asked when the APK is uploaded for the first time.

Try it and let me know if it turned out

i think you are right! i just found out the there are 2 different sigining keys. 1 App signing key and 1 Upload signing certificate.

in the tutorial of erel i get the SHA1 key from Tools > Private Sign key and i find the key there but in google play i see that i have 2 keys.

sha1.png

what i will now try is to put the first SHA1 key to firebase console and see if it works. it will make sense now that app that i install with b4a works and apps that i install from google play not. because it seems that google change the key when it is uploaded.

will let you know if it works after changing the key in firebase console. thank you gregorio

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i have good news. it turned out that i had to use the SHA1 key that is on my google console AND NOT the key that is in b4a > tools > Private sign key.

now it works. thank you very much @gregorio_adrian_gimenez for the hint. disabling the signing key is not allowed after you have uploaded a version and enable it and since this is an app that is already 2 years online i cannot disable it anymore but your post helped me to find out that i have 2 different SHA1 keys for that app. @Erel i think you should update your Tutorial.

thanx ilan

Last edited:
Upvote 0