Android Question [Firebase ML-Vision lib]: usage of GraphicOverlay and other questions

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred, thanks for the lib.

1) GraphicOverlay: somehow showing of the found texts can be disabled on GraphicOverlay ?
2) overlayBitmappathName: how this bitmap is practically used ?
3) Camera focusing: any control available ? Seems, the camera is working without periodical auto-focusing (NOT SURE)
4) Camera's preview size: it's scaled in landscape. How to set up to see the preview with correct proportions ?
5) Dependencies in the Manifest:
B4X:
AddApplicationText(<meta-data
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
            android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
        <meta-data
            android:name="com.google.firebase.ml.vision.DEPENDENCIES"
            android:value="barcode,text,label,face" />)

Comma separated values are not parsed well by the IDE... :(

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) GraphicOverlay: somehow showing of the found texts can be disabled on GraphicOverlay ?
Not as yet but it should be possible.
2) overlayBitmappathName: how this bitmap is practically used ?
:D Not really. I came from one example and i do not know where it is used...
3) Camera focusing: any control available ? Seems, the camera is working without periodical auto-focusing
i guess i need to find out how to configure the cameraproperties using the CameraManager used....
4) Camera's preview size: it's scaled in landscape. How to set up to see the preview with correct proportions ?
i don´t know. Check Firebasedocumentation if you find something about.
Comma separated values are not parsed well by the IDE... :(
I had the same issue. Worth making a request for this.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Comma separated values are not parsed well by the IDE...
i found out that it does work only with one item in the string if you use the correct regocnizer. Faces are found even with not mentioning face here.

I guess this dependency will download anything when first using the library or so. If i remember correctly i did read something similar somewhere.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this dependency will download anything
I guess, this dependency just makes the app incompatible in the Play Market with the devices without correct PlayServices. Just cannot be installed.

GraphicOverlay: if visible=false, it works, but no preview at all :)

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred, please, detail about "overlayBitmappathName": what is internal Java object uses it ?
I mean any info how to google it.
I guess, it should be the edge area for recognition within it. But... no info yet.

Upvote 0