Android Question Firebase notification categories

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm missing something and it is not clear to me how to manage categories in Firebase notifications.
When I first install amy app and send it a notification, I receive two notifications: The first has the title and body as I have composed it, the second one has just the app name a stitle and body.

upload_2019-3-7_9-15-16.png

If I look to the settings, seems there are two categories, both have the app name as categories name

upload_2019-3-7_9-17-14.png

And It' snot clear how to manage it. I have to try and swith off one of them. Where I'm wrong ?

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
I added "Service.StopAutomaticForeground" as explained and now I see just one notification in the bar, but still in the notification setting I see two categories as in the image above.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I use NB6.
Is it possible not to create the channel of the automatic notification so there is no confusion in the notification settings ? (or let the same channel is used for both ?)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can only use the same notification channel if the notifications properties are the same. The automatic notification channel is is channel_2, its importance level is LOW and it makes no sound.

You can also use your own automatic notification.

I don't think that your users will be worried about the two channels in the settings...

Upvote 0