Android Question Firebase notifications on Android 8

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm testing my old app on an Android 8 device and I'm experiencing troubles in receiving notifications.
After some time the app is closed (maybe one hour or so, I still don't know exactely) the app no longer receive notifications. After I close the app it works, but after some time it stops to receive.
Looks like the OS is killing something to save battery, but as far as I can see in system-battery the battery optimization is excluded and the app is not in the list.

Is it a known problem ?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have read those, but as far as I understand firebase notifications should work without any changes with b4A 8.00 and without raising the target sdk.
Am I wrong ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I'll have a look at it to easily do experiment.
I have a B4J server that was using GCM notifications for years. Then I applied the changes to use firebase and all works fine in IOS and Android. But I'm experiencing troubles with Android 8.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Start with the exact steps from the tutorial. Once it is working you can modify it as needed.

Still have to understand where is the problem exactely, but applying all these changes then everything works again on Android 8:

1) raise target to 26
2) move n.setinfo at the end just before n.notify
3) compile with B4A 8.0

and because sooner or later I'll must do this .... no reason to wait :)
Thanks

Upvote 0