Firefox processes

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How many active Firefox processes do you have with only one page open?

In my PC there are 5. I killed 3 without losing the connection to b4x.com, without any problem!

1596976102419.png

Now:
1596976195616.png

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
The same is valid for chrome: 8-9 processes for 4 pages.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I made a quick test and I see that there is no direct relation between the number of tabs and the processes. It probably uses them as a pool of processes.
Yes, later I noticed that even with multiple pages open the number of active processes does not increase.
The main question would be what are so many processes for since killing 3 of them seems like Firefox is running smoothly anyway.
Won't they be useful for spying on the user's actions (sending information secretly)?

In this regard (I should open another thread), I think many of us trust sw which source code is also provided; but who assures us that the compiled and actually used version is the same as the source provided?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Won't they be useful for spying on the user's actions (sending information secretly)?
A single process is enough for this.

In this regard (I should open another thread), I think many of us trust sw which source code is also provided; but who assures us that the compiled and actually used version is the same as the source provided?
This is a tough one. Eventually it is a matter of trust and reputation.