Share My Creation First B4A App: Computer Jargons! with source code and apk package

ET8JQ.png

Hello folks.

Bought the full version of B4A, never regret it. Programmed this app in less than a day.

Its a program that displays computer jargons such as USB, AVI, AGP, HDMI etc. You are able to search for a term/definition, email the term, bookmark a term, share the term, add a custom term and many others.

Do try it, I need feedback, will be releasing to Google Play within a few days time.

Thank you!

Attachments

• JargonApp.apk
    376.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, do appreciate comments about the display of the app on other devices. I only managed to run it in my GS3 (720X1280), portrait mode only.

THS APP does not support Lanscape mode.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You better remove the source code, the reason? you are exposing your FTP user name and password, anyone could change it and take control of your server, that's a BIG NO NO.

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
You better remove the source code, the reason? you are exposing your FTP user name and password, anyone could change it and take control of your server, that's a BIG NO NO.

Yup, I edit the ftp username and password to be "???" so, now, its not exposed. Thanks! :)

I wanted to share the source code so B4A newbies can learn more about this wonderful Basic4Android program!

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wanted to share the source code so B4A newbies can learn more about this wonderful Basic4Android program!

Sure, that's good, but also be careful of not posting anything private/confidential.

Ok, now a few suggestions if I may:

1- I see you are using several variants, that's good, but it will be better that you used the Designer Scripts that way it will fit on every screen, for example, THIS is how your app looks on my Nexus 7 tab.

2- Choose different colors, the ones you are currently using are hard to read.

You've done a good job, keep it up.

Last edited:

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure, that's good, but also be careful of not posting anything private/confidential.

Ok, now a few suggestions if I may:

1- I see you are using several variants, that's good, but it will be better that you used the Designer Scripts that way it will fit on every screen, for example, THIS is how your app looks on my Nexus 7 tab.

2- Choose different colors, the ones you are currently using are hard to read.

You've done a good job, keep it up.

Hello sir.

Thanks for the kind feedback.

I am not sure about the designer script. Mind giving me an example? This is what i use for every resolution so far:
AutoScaleRate(value)
AutoScaleAll

Thank you.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since your app is designed for portrait only you just need 1 script for all resolutions, if you don't mind, I could modify your code so you can take a look and see how can be done.

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since your app is designed for portrait only you just need 1 script for all resolutions, if you don't mind, I could modify your code so you can take a look and see how can be done.

All right sir. I may need your help on this. Will be crediting you once the app is in the play store. Thank you very much!!! :)

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I just modified the ABOUT screen, that will give you an idea.

THIS is the original code, and THIS is using the designer scripts. as you can see, it looks better and you need only 1 variant.

Check the attached project.

Attachments

• Modified.zip
    171.6 KB · Views: 418

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I just modified the ABOUT screen, that will give you an idea.

THIS is the original code, and THIS is using the designer scripts. as you can see, it looks better and you need only 1 variant.

Check the attached project.

Many thanks for this NJDude. Will be trying it and update here. Many thanks for your great and tireless help!! Will sure to credit you once the app is fully ready! :)

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I have fixed the display problem for most of the tablets resolutions with help from: NJDude.

This is the updated version 1.31 with APK and source code.

Thank you so much NJDude for your comments!! :)

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I have fixed the display problem for most of the tablets resolutions with help from: NJDude.

This is the updated version 1.31 with APK and source code.

Thank you so much NJDude for your comments!! :)

Now it's scaling fine, look at THIS screenshot, now what you need to do is work on the colors, as you can see on that screenshot, the text is hard to read.

One more thing, you can remove all the extra variants you have, you only need the 320x480

Last edited:

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now it's scaling fine, look at THIS screenshot, now what you need to do is work on the colors, as you can see on that screenshot, the text is hard to read.

One more thing, you can remove all the extra variants you have, you only need the 320x480

Okay, I have uploaded the final version 1.44 with many bugs fixed and colour scheme improved for better reading.

Source code and APK attached, also attached is the newer screenshot of the app.

Thank you!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I have uploaded the final version 1.44 with many bugs fixed and colour scheme improved for better reading.
Thank you!

I'm guessing you are developing your app on ICS or using some kind of custom theme, so, you better change your colors my friend, otherwise users with Froyo, Gingerbread, etc, will see THIS and I don't think that's easy to read. :D, on ICS/JellyBean it looks like THIS, still some items are hard to read, I would suggest leave the default colors for now.

Open the manifest using the Manifest editor and change this line

B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
To:
B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4"/>
And you will see what's going on.

Last edited:

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm guessing you are developing your app on ICS or using some kind of custom theme, so, you better change your colors my friend, otherwise users with Froyo, Gingerbread, etc, will see THIS and I don't think that's easy to read. :D, on ICS/JellyBean it looks like THIS, still some items are hard to read, I would suggest leave the default colors for now.

Open the manifest using the Manifest editor and change this line

B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
To:
B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4"/>
And you will see what's going on.

Oh, I did not test it on froyo / gingerbread installations. Will do by tonight using the android sdk emulator.

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice app Mcky

Just on your place I will keep source code and publish only apk because there are people which will download from here source and put it on market before you do.

Keep up with good work :thumbsup:

Mcky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, the app is again updated.

Improved color scheme as suggested by NJDude.
The source code can be obtained from me, send me a PM please.

Thank you!!

New screenshot:
ET8JQ.png