Share My Creation Flashlight-SABER: Another flashlight but ...

Hello, World!

This is my last App, The Flashlight-Saber, a different but useful flashlight specially if you are a Starwars fan ;)

The main features include:

- Able to alternate the illumination source (LED / SCREEN)
- Dimmer to control the intensity of the amount of the illumination on the screen
- Able to power ON/OFF the flashlight by just shaking the phone
- Variety of different sound effects
- *BONUS* Able to activate the camera lense. It is very useful for illuminating areas with limited space allowing you to look through the phone screen without having to bend down. For example, having to look for something under a desk or a couch.

Get it FREE on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flashlightsaber.free

Enjoy it :)

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice and simple, but I have a few things to report.

1- When you "turn" the saber and turn it on I see THIS which makes the ActionBar difficult to see on high intensity, some people might get confused, I would place the ActionBar on a semi-transparent panel so it's visible all the time.

2- I would change the term in the menu from "Turn Saber" to "Flip Saber" to avoid confusion with turn on/off

3- The switch to turn the flashlight on/off seems a little small, sometimes I have to tap several times to find the right spot

4- Make the light saber a little longer so it covers most of the screen and away from the top, there's too much empty space at the bottom in my opinion.

5- You could improve the use of Twitter, Google+ and Email by using intents instead of opening the browser, it will improve the user experience if the user already have the Twitter and Google+ apps installed.

6- Make sure you set the minimum version to SDK 9 in your manifest, I installed your app on Froyo (SDK 8) and got THIS error.

7- On a tablet (Galaxy Tab 10.1) I don't see the Sensitivity SeekBar.

Keep up the good work!!!

p.s. I hope you mean "latest" app as opposed to "last" app, are you going to stop making apps after this one? :p

Last edited:

jesustarre

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello NJ

p.s. I hope you mean "latest" app as opposed to "last" app, are you going to stop making apps after this one? :p
jejeje definitely my english needs improvement, spanish language dominates my mind. >>>> "This is my LATEST app" :)

I do not undertand the point # 7, I'm using a regular Seekbar ... How do you think I can fix that issue?

Thanks for the point 2 and 6 .... Fixed!

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded the new version and now I can't see the sensitivity seekbar on my phone, like I said on my previous post, you are calculating the position wrong and is going outside the visible area.

jesustarre

Licensed User
Longtime User
New version 1.2 is Out

New features:
* Now you can select a default illumination source (LED or Screen) when the Flashlight-Saber start-up.
* Able to turn ON the flashlight-Saber automatically when the app start-up
* Minors interface improvement (Thanks to NJDude)

htc_m7_2013-9-27-21-0-24_zps2d8ab5f0.png

Download from Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flashlightsaber.free

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice!

One more thing, the CONTACT ME part, on post #2, item 5, I suggested using intents to open those apps, for example, if I tap on the EMAIL icon I should only see a choice of email clients not the whole list showing Bluetooth, Skype, WiFi direct, etc, you could do it easily like this for example (to send you an email):
B4X:
Dim Message As Intent

Uri = "mailto:[email protected]?subject=App: Flashlight-Saber V1.2&body=<DEVICE_MODEL>"

Message.Initialize(Message.ACTION_VIEW, Uri)

StartActivity(Message)

In the event that the device has more than 1 email client installed you will see ONLY the email clients to choose from, and it's very convenient if the user only has one because with just 1 tap the email client opens and it's ready to go, similar solutions for Twitter and G+.

jesustarre

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice!

One more thing, the CONTACT ME part, on post #2, item 5, I suggested using intents to open those apps, for example, if I tap on the EMAIL icon I should only see a choice of email clients not the whole list showing Bluetooth, Skype, WiFi direct, etc, you could do it easily like this for example (to send you an email):
B4X:
Dim Message As Intent

Uri = "mailto:[email protected]?subject=App: Flashlight-Saber V1.2&body=<DEVICE_MODEL>"

Message.Initialize(Message.ACTION_VIEW, Uri)

StartActivity(Message)

In the event that the device has more than 1 email client installed you will see ONLY the email clients to choose from, and it's very convenient if the user only has one because with just 1 tap the email client opens and it's ready to go, similar solutions for Twitter and G+.

Thanks NJ, Nice!

for sure this will be in the next release.

Appreciate it