Android Question Fonts behaving badly

Mark Thorndyke

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Something driving me a little bit bonkers at the moment.
Currently testing my online game between 3 Sony devices at the moment. The only issue I'm running into is a conflict of interest with fonts on buttons/images and so on - everything else working fine with sizing/positioning/google alerts/php calls.

What I have is two mobiles. Z1 Compact and Z5. The third device a Z3 Compact Tablet.
All work fine, no issues. Happy bunny - happy with any android tbh.

If I stick with the autosize - the font on the Z1 & Z5 behave correctly in resizing and positioning, the Z3 though always goes half the size.

I know Erel is not a fan of calculating a font size (from other posts/guide and for good reason) but when I had a decent algorithm working, the Z1 and Z3 played ball but the new Z5 didn't. Z1 & Z3 perfect, the Z5 near double. This is more than likely as the Z5 has a density of 3 compared to 2 for the Z1 & Z3 (can probably sort that out)

I'm curious why the Z3 doesn't play ball with the autosize (and other tools around that?) I have experimented with the font adjust as mentioned in here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/supporting-multiple-screens-tips-and-best-practices.17647/

Am curious as need to know how they appear on other devices as I get closer to the testing stage with various friends.

Quick specs in case someone has come across similar:
Z1: Screen resolution 720x1184, Density of 2
Z3: Screen resolution 1200x1824, Density of 2
Z5: Screen resolution 1080x1776, Density of 3

I am going to try this on a HTC M8 later in the week to see what occurs with both methods.

Mark Thorndyke

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure that the Font size in the settings is set to 'normal' on all devices ?

Thanks but all devices fonts are set to normal. May have to start using the cloud service offered on here for testing to see what occurs later on this evening.

Upvote 0