Wish [for B4J] advice for the B4X team [erase list]

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i find this tool very powerful and beautiful even from the constructive point of view, but there are some shortcomings that could be implemented. when you change the names of variables, constants or statements in other ide (microsoft c# and all the others in the family) when you rename a component name (object) or variable, constant etc. etc., the compiler automatically makes changes throughout the code, improving development time and of course also errors.

will this be possible in future versions?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will this be possible in future versions?
You can do it right away (try reading some manuals or using the site search feature).

Place the cursor of the editor on a variable, then press F7 and you can change the variable name (it will be changed in all your project).

1.gif

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes I know this one, but since it's done by a reindeer it would be useful if I did it directly by ide, I write the code, I made the mistake, I get to the point and correct it while I write ... because many mistakes happen there

Thank 10000000 @LucaMs

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes I know this one, but since it's done by a reindeer it would be useful if I did it directly by ide, I write the code, I made the mistake, I get to the point and correct it while I write ... because many mistakes happen there
Famme capi' (roman dialect) - let me to understand.

Would you like to change the name of a variable anywhere in your project by having it automatically made by the IDE or would you like since you have called a variable "Stpid" everywhere, when you now write: "St" does the IDE change the name of the variable everywhere to "Stupid"?

1.gif

TAB key.

Last edited: