iOS Question foreground b4i

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Hello everybody. I wanted to know if there is the same functionality (as in the tutorial on https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/automatic-foreground-mode.90546/ ) that allows me to use the Foreground, even on ios. Because I'm trying, and with the same instructions, it enters the foreground only from b4a.
Maybe it can be solved differently, but I would need to run a specific command every time the app is pulled up after it was hidden.

thank you all

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Not exactly. There are some specific and limited features that iOS allows running in the background.

You need to provide more information.

Thanks for the reply. I would like (as I did on android) a data update function. every time the user reopens the app, a data update procedure is performed (FTP server connection), can this be done? if you could not what do you advise me to do to have an update every time the app is reopened?

Upvote 0

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Thanks for the reply. I would like (as I did on android) a data update function. every time the user reopens the app, a data update procedure is performed (FTP server connection), can this be done? if you could not what do you advise me to do to have an update every time the app is reopened?
I add a detail that maybe I have not explained well. I noticed that the foreground (unlike android) runs the one present in the main and not in the page I need. How can I use the foreground of the page that is reopened? or from the main foreground can I call a specific sub of a specific page? thank you

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course and you don't need anything special for this.
You should use B4XPages in B4A and B4i. You can start a connection in B4XPage_Created of the main page.

Upvote 0

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Of course and you don't need anything special for this.
You should use B4XPages in B4A and B4i. You can start a connection in B4XPage_Created of the main page.
thank you very much, but I already do this.I use B4xPages, but when the user closes the app in the background to use another one, when he reopens it then (only in b4i) he does not enter the foreground where I have entered a procedure that updates a data . on android it works perfectly, but on b4i it uses only Active_foreground present in the main. do I have to enter my procedure there or does something unlucky me? Thanks again

Upvote 0