Android Question Free API for Weather?

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have so far used a free API at worldweatheronline to get the current daytime temperature, the free API has now been switched off.

Does anyone know where you can get the current weather free of charge?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just found this but i´m not sure about the results. I just found it while googling...

Edit: Please note that the free plan has a restriction of max 60 calls per Minute.
So, if you are using it on 500 Devices you´ll fast reach the limit.

In this case you should create a server app on your server which requests weatcherdata and store it. From your app you request the result from your serverapp which then delivers the result to the app.
Your server-app will stay under the limit and you can connect as many devices as you want requesting the data from your server....

Upvote 0

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks,

I was probably too fast with post, should have searched before in the forum,
Was too excited because my APPS suddenly no more weather could call.

OpenWeatherMap seems to be suitable, thanks again for the quick response.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have so far used a free API at worldweatheronline to get the current daytime temperature, the free API has now been switched off.

My apps use this api but so far they are all still working. Where have you seen that the free version is turned off? Is it just because you called the api and got no response? Sometimes that happens for me but later it comes back. Im looking on their site and there is no indication of the free api being stopped.

Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0