Free Updates Period - My Suggestions

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel, would you consider changing the Free Updates Period in the following way(s)?

1. The B4X licensed user will have access to n updates instead of a time period.
- I would feel terrible if there were no updates during the two months right after I bought the latest B4A and two weeks later, B4A 6.00 comes out.
My suggestion would be: "The user is entitled to 2 minor updates and 1 major update."
2. Reward forum and library contributors with an extended period or an increased amount of updates.
- This one is pretty straight forward.
I don't want to sound cheap, it's just my suggestion. :)

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@wonder : did you really buy a 2 months license each time a new version came out? if you did that for B4A 3, 4 & 5 you would've been cheaper with the 2 years licensing model.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
well, as Erel mentioned you get a discount price when you buy an additional license so it's not as "expensive" as the initial one.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it depends. sometimes I don't update/upgrade because the added features are not in the line of what I was expecting. (things I probably won't use)

so I would've lost an unwanted count there and mis the next one I needed. (same thing might happen with the others licensing methods ofcourse)

Erel would need to track more than now since it would be counter based.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just bought some website software cost close to £100 im happy with it, BUT less than a month later they released a MAJOR update and Im NOT to entitled to it! its VERY annoying! So I agree with the time limits.

If you want to extend your licence you can always get a friend or someone to buy a copy with your affiliate code! as I did, with this software the FORUM access is worth much more to me than anything else!

Last edited: