From where to start

sktanmoy

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be honest to say, I'm a C++ coder (& PHP for web). So B4A (VB classic) is fully new to me.
Can anyone suggest me from where I can learn VB to use in B4a? I need a good suggestion.
 

sktanmoy

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

wheretheidivides

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are books about MS VB and none for B4A. The tutorials for B4A are mostly code with comments. Not tutorials. if that's what you think, get a book off of Amazon. The coding is a lot alike.
 
Upvote 0

rabiuls

Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your reply. But I think I should learn Visual Basic before starting with B4A.
Because I don't know properly how to write VB codes, how to use array/loop etc in Visual Basic. So any good tutorial to learn those before using b4a?
I do not think it is much necessary. I too don't have any prior VB code knowledge, but having not much trouble with B4A. Seeing examples, tutorials etc.

I think you should first follow the example shown in the Beginner's Guide. After that start a project, any project. At this time when you find new things, for example 'list', read the documentation and search the forum to know about this.

By the way, I am not a professional android developer and I don't have any intention to make app for selling on google market/play. I am just a hobbyist and love to program (trying), on this interesting small OS, which has many things.

Best regards.
 
Upvote 0

sktanmoy

Active Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right

Yes, You are right @rabiuls.
I just checked Beginners Guide and really awesome.
I though it's required to have a better concept on MS VB to start with B4A.
Anyway, thanks all for your suggestion :sign0089:
 
Upvote 0
Top