Android Question FTPServer library error

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,

I'm trying to use the FTPServer library on a project I'm working on. I run the sample I've found in the Forum and everything works fine. When I try to use it on my project, I get the attached error.

Anyone have a clue why? I start getting this after I attach the JSON library to the project (after having the FTPServer one, don't know if it's a coincidence).

Thanls.

screenshot_2020-12-14 22_09_29.png

MikeSW17

Licensed User
It might help if the code in the background window related to the error in the compile window.
There are other (associated?) errors in the Logs window. Seeing the code for these is also necessary.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Rename this code module name (U). It conflicts with an internal variable in the FTP server library (which is a b4xlib and treated as regular source code).

Note that code modules are limited in B4A and should usually not be used. If this is a new project you should switch to B4XPages, it will save you a lot of work.

Upvote 0

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,

That fix worked perfectly... The log erro was hard to understand and lead to that solution.

I create that code module (U) because I tend to put my utility functions on a short named module to avoid a typing along the project.

I'm using B4XPages. At some points I've created a project without it to understand if this FTP issue was some colision with it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help.

Upvote 0