Android Question Android FTPServer Error

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by djmainero, Aug 8, 2018.

1. djmainero

djmainero Member Licensed User

Hi, i been using the FTPServer that Erel posted here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ted-with-socket-and-asyncstreams.74320/page-2

And when i'm trying to copy files to the phone the log from B4A keeps returning "client: PASV" until an error shows "java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

In the FTP client app i get the following error:
    "Command Unrecognised.Command unrecognized
    500 Error: java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

The client is an app writted in Clarion, works great with filezilla server but not with this.
    Also the filezilla client works ok with the B4A FTPServer

Thanks!

2. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

Do you use passive mode?

3. djmainero

Yes I do

The ftp client works fine creating directories

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Do you have the client source code? What happens after it sends the PASV command? It should wait for the 227 response.

5. djmainero

The client receive the code 227, but stays there in bucle until error
    With the filezilla server works, after code 227 it start with the file transfer. With the Android server stays in bucle

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The B4X FTP server does work with many clients, including Windows Explorer. If you have the source code of the custom client then debug it and see what happens after the response and why it keeps resending the PASV command.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice