Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL indeed

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats a great error. LOL.

Otherwise I think the Android L preview is quite stable. I use it on a Nexus 7 and decided to keep it for testing purposes.

Most apps I tried work well. I have only some graphical errors with notifications on the tablet.

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am impressed though that it did manage to throw the out of memory error while being out of memory due to an out of memory error.

That's the improvement with L. Previous builds would just crap out and fall over.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried it only with the official emulator, not with a real device.
Ah, maybe thats because we had different experiences.

Looks like Google started with the internal things and now they have to focus on the UI and fix upcoming bugs of the internal system.

Another thing is that not all things they showed at the keynote and in the I/O sessions made it in the preview release. There is much stuff just missing. So it is really a developer release. Everything you need as a developer (ART, new APIs etc.) is in, end user stuff (like user detection by other bluetooth devices) is not.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL :D

Some older Error messages came into mind...

No keyboard present; press F1 to continue...

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
A bit like "Not enough memory to shut down Windows" (after a suggestion from Windows to restart because there was too little memore left...).