Share My Creation (Game) Manic Maze

Try to escape out of the complex mazes / labyrinths...

Take the right turns, bridges and tunnels to get to the exit at the bottom right.

That's right... these mazes have multiple heights to make maze crossing possible which brings maze games to another level.

To play the game you simply swipe into the direction that you want to go.

Good luck!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/manic-maze/id1218970071?mt=8

Used libs: icore, iadmob (ads),ihttp (score/ranking),irandomaccessfile (codegen),iphone (stay awake)

menu-forum.png game1.png game2.png

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Sorex. I downloaded your version in Android, please can you share you own personal experience using B4X as cross platform. Did you start this game in Android and later to iPhone, what was the challenge to portable it to another OS.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Daniel,

yes, I first write the android version as it is easier working with a virtual device.

this game doesn't contain much magic just some drawing and a few tricks that work similar on both OSs so the iPhone version was just some tweaks and testing.

both versions are usually ready at the same moment.
if there is a week between the android and ios version then it's because it's stuck at apple's review team.

when I first got B4i I posted my findings in this thread > https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/porting-game-from-b4a-b4i-and-the-differences.49336/

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi sorex, I am working right now on a maze game that I left on the shelf for a too long time. i even posted the algorithm to create a random maze in this forum but i don't remember where. anyway, I wanted to try your maze game but I see big issues on my iphone 11 running ios 14 beta.

1, the buttons on the first screen have very big space between them, so something with the anchor is wrong in your layout.
2, when I click play the maze is opening although the maze is only half of the screen and i also don't see the blue square so i cannot start playing.

I will include screenshots. I just wanted to let you know so you can fix that if you want.

(EDIT: no testing other games of you i see the same issues, your scaling is wrong, i also got crash on PolyMath)

i need to mention that on PolyMath the scaling is better then on Manic Maze and bionoid.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the info, ilan.

The 2 iphones I have are not so stretched out so it looks ok there.

I'll add some gaps above and under the area where the buttons should come then they will be closer together (just match, no anchors)

I don't know where the blue square went, maybe on vacation as it's the season ;)

Does it appear when you swipe around?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know where the blue square went, maybe on vacation as it's the season ;)

😁

Does it appear when you swipe around?

no, i tried to swipe on the empty area and also on the maze itself but nothing happens.
i really recommend anyone that is developing for ios to get a Mac to have the ability to check his apps with the simulator where you can
create any phone you want from iphone 4 to ipad pro12.9 like this you can avoid UI bugs!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I run an app on Mac just like that or do I need all that development stuff that looks rather complex to get working?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can I run an app on Mac just like that or do I need all that development stuff that looks rather complex to get working?

to run it on the simulator you only need to start the b4i server and start the simulator from b4i by clicking on the connect to simulator option.
thats it. simpler than running it on the device.