Share My Creation [Game] Space Invaders Cubed (Beta)

This is now available on Open Beta... So there are still some items to be addressed, but hopefully not too many.

It's my first attempt at a game ever!

Changed URL https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=torquesoft.spacealiens3d

Left hand side of screen moves the players' ship. The right hand side fires a shot.

Developed using B4A, HMTL5, BabylonJS and some more JS. Graphics created using Sketchup and Blender.

Any feedback is welcomed!

There is a limit of 1,000 Beta Testers...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181127-212441.png
    Screenshot_20181127-212441.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 4,263
Last edited:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've sent this live on Google Play now... Otherwise I'd probably have never made it generally available!!! Still lots to do on it, but hopefully it has enough in it already to make it worth playing.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello eps,

I just tried this game.

Menu:

Menu has the traditional arcade cabinet artwork which is always nice, hopefully Taito has no problems with that ;)

I would personally style everything the same.
same button sizes, same button font sizes for the PLAY & EXTRA LIFE (also at the game over menu)
I would place (PLAY) where (EXTRA LIFE) is. that's right under the title.
For setting/about/leaderboard I would go for the (?) style buttons with flat icons inside that circular button

The extra life feature worked fine.

Overall: the menu is direct and easy to use. It could be improved a little designwise.

Game:

Those laser pills look great! There's some weird coloring issue but that's just something cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay.

The game plays a little slow. I got 4160 points but it nearly took 15 minutes to get there and that's about 1.5 levels.
I first thought the aliens weren't moving at all but that's the distance projection.

The enemies go way beyond the range of your own laser unlike in the tradition game.
In the traditional game this would mean that the enemies go out of the screen of a distance of 1/3th of the screen size.
Should this be corrected? I don't know actually as it mpght limit movement too much I guess.

Depending on where you press on the left for the joystick you select portions of or all text on screen. See screenshot

On the sides are some strange overlay shadows. I guess this is intentual? (see top right in screenshot)

there is no alien vs player collision detection yet. (I left it running while typing this and my player is inbetween the aliens now)

The player just died of a laser pill and it showed something like "you got place 3 on the leaderboard" but now I see a toast message
that kept refreshing itself saying something like "you should try harder to get onto the leaderboard".
There seems to be something conflicting (place 3 vs place >10)

I tried to review the menu again but pressing back exited the app.

Overal: technically it's a good & goodlooking game but for me personally it might be moving a bit faster. Maybe an idea to select this a difficulty on the menu?

eps.png

Reactions: eps

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great, @sorex thanks for the feedback, I'll check the HTML labels.. That's the issue there - they are a stop gap as I wanted to put the text in a GUI in the BabylonJS framework but that seemed to kill the performance.... I've actually throttled the speed back, so that it matches the original - they fly by the end of the wave and get progressively quicker and quicker for each wave, but point taken :)

I'll take a proper look when I can get some free time.

Cheers!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
forgot to mention that the leaderboard was pushed to the left and not centered.

maybe it's easier to center it when the close button is left out and it closes by just pressing the leaderboard panel.

another minor thing...

when you didn't 'visit' the settings screen yet it logs scores as yourself ;)

I mentioned a lot but nothing critical that prevents playing the game as intended so it's good that you already uploaded it. tweaking/finetuning can be done later while ze money rolls in (hopefully) :)
I don't know if there are interstitials aswell? I didn't see any so far exept for the rewarded videos.

eps2.png

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @sorex :) All good ideas, a couple I hadn't considered and no one else who Alpha or Beta tested it have mentioned either.

Just trying to get the 'continue' functionality completed as I think that is the key to generating some decent earnings from this game. Still lots to do!!

:)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Added Continue functionality - after watching an rewarded advert. I will most probably limit that possibility at some time - at the moment it would be possible to keep on continuing ad infinitum!!

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Suspended - impersonation violation. I wouldn't mind these things if they gave some kind of indication of what they disliked and of course they mandate that the package name and app name have to change, so all the downloads so far disappear.. and all my store listing and text. But of course they're happy to take advertising payments for the App!! ;) I'll adjust and resubmit what I think is the problem - but of course if I haven't resolved the problem I'll be in violation again... but not knowing what.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just got the same thing for my many mini invaders game. Guess it's Google saying happy Christmas. I'm really worried about my main invaders game now. If they're honestly banning clones then I expect to see most voodoo and ketchapp games disappear too, but I doubt that will happen.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your stuff looks okay - I guess I was sailing a bit close to the wind with a couple of items. The really annoying thing is that it doesn't say why - it's almost as if they don't quite know why but they feel it violates something so we'll suspend it and get the developer to either run away or make some changes and re-submit.

Good luck!! I mean if they really think my stuff is impersonating the real stuff then maybe that's a compliment, but it doesn't feel like it.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it's that Taito artwork on the menu they got complains of?

But indeed, they have a set of buttons that they can press to ban an app and send an email template.

Handtyped info would make more sense and make things more clear.

I have to admit that the last time they sent screenshots with arrows on it identifying what the problem was
(a gamepad icon to go to my google play page that didn't state that it would show more games which was seen as hidden/forced advertising.
strange because that's what interstitial ads are aswell)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User