Android Question Gantt Calendar

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has built a Gantt calendar, I mean a calendar with a begin and end event represented by a line of color, we could imagine several events, where each one would have its own color, the calendar could present a full month

Like this example :

1617968042055.png

Thank you

Patrick

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Like this example
That doesn't look like a gantt chart to me, that looks just like a typical computer calendar where the days are arranged in a two-dimensional grid. A gantt chart (or "calendar" as you call it) have the dates in just one axis, side by side.

Example of simple gantt chart:
1617971406859.png

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I have now already gained experience through my ASCalendar how to build something like that, I would be to build one.
i would go with the outlook app, they have a good ui.
View attachment 111318

Thank you Alexander, but the calendar must be embedded in the app, and not running an intent on Outlook, which, by the way, is used, and I don't want to pollute their outlook calendar.
I've seen your ASCalendar, do you think it would fit.?

Thanks

Patrick

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Alexander, but the calendar must be embedded in the app, and not running an intent on Outlook, which, by the way, is used, and I don't want to pollute their outlook calendar.
i'm talking about an native B4X-View, not an intent to open the outlook-app. i meant that i will use the design as a guide.

your ASCalendar, do you think it would fit.?
The ASCalendar does not show any text for appointments, as you have shown in the picture. Appointments are planned in the near future and will offer 2 ways to indicate this.
Appointment Type 1:
only one day with a dot:
1617980427481.png

Appointment Type 2:
can be one day, or can be a range between 2 dates:
1617980456155.png

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Alexander Stolte,

your solution is very good. Just one question,
and if there is an overlap of 2 appointments (or more) in the future, can you manage more than one color line?

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a job for... the GREAT @klaus
This could be interesting, but it could also become a quite big project depending on the individual needs, interests and special requirements. I have experimented this in other classes.
Then, for me, it would need some more information on the real need or interest with what information to take into account, what kind of calculation and what data to display.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So many questions, indeed. It's a complex project.

One big question that might not be obvious: is it interactive and allow editing, or does it just display a (sub)set of items for a specified period in a defined timescale?

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Before posting my answer I googled a bit.
And, of course, there are different aspects in the subject.
- data
-- what kind ?
- data management
-- editing
-- saving
-- database
- display
-- general
-- specific

In my mind, the first step could be the display.
And even here, what data must or should be included.
At least: Task, Responsible, BeginTime, Duration.
Then, more complex data: dependencies. Example: begin TaskZ when when TastX and TaskY are finished, or Begin Task 3 at the same time as Task2 etc. etc.
The other aspects are too open for a CustomView, it would be an entire project management program.

Upvote 0