Android Question GCM - Startup Problems

Eliezio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear friends programmers,
First sorry for the mistakes in English.
I am new in the community, this tool is fantastic. But as I'm still new to developing applications for android have some doubts.
I tested your tutorial on the GCM and it worked for me. But I have some problems.
- For my app running, every time I open the app, I have to click on register.
- When I click register, do not work the first time. you have to click several times to work.
- When I turn off my phone, I need to open the app and click several times to register.
Do you have any solution or answer to my questions?
Best regards
Eliezio

Eliezio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for being fast in response.
When I do register the device name on my phone I send the notification using the bat file, it works.
But if I restart my phone, and only the first notification received, and the bat file is giving the following errors:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Java.net.connectionException: Connection timed out: connect
at anywheresoftware.b4a.c2dm.C2DM.getIdForName <C2DM.java:98>
at anywheresoftware.b4a.c2dm.C2DM.sendMessageTo <C2DM.java:48>
at anywheresoftware.b4a.c2dm.C2DM.main <C2DM.java:218>

Another problem I face is that the app is on the device. when I click Register, is one ToastmessageShow appearing with the message "SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE".

Sorry if my questions are stupid.
best regards

Upvote 0

Eliezio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel.
worked, I was testing in my work, the network uses proxy here for internet connections. so I was having problems.
I performed the test in my house and it worked fine. thank you again. I am very happy with B4A.

Upvote 0