Wish Generated Java Source Jump From Logs (IDE)

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"Check the generated java source to find out which line exactly raises the error...."
Above line posted by our good friend - DonManfred... (in some thread)

In debug (B4A IDE, for now), we can now jump the the code line from the logs...

In release, we are shown the line in the java source only / understandably...

Would it be possible to open the java source and goto the (error) line defined in the logs?

Now, when running in release, I encounter an error.
I have to set back to debug mode, re-compile and see what the issue was... My (usual) projects are large - and this takes many milliseconds out of my limited time and attention span... (I admit).

Of course, I could have opened explorer, gone to the project java source, opened the file and scrolled to the line DEFINED as error... BUT, I am lazy (old, tired, nearsighted, low testosterone levels, and sometimes go on incessantly for no reason or purpose - need I say more)... Revert to debug and suck it up...

I guess, the above paragraph defines why I use B4X in the first place! That - and because it WORKS!

It's like the All American Breakfast staple - "Biscuits and Gravy" (like I didn't get enough artery hardening substance in last night meal of meat and potatoes)... I want more gravy please!

Thanks

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand your pain and I plan to make this process better. You will not need to open the Java code at all. The IDE will take you to the correct B4X line.

Sweet... Take your time - as you do. I often get distracted with requests - but you don't (somehow)?
How do you manage this?

Not so much a pain (I guess it is) - but an inconvenient process...

I know you had seen this, and just needed your precious time to implement.
How you accomplish all of this is WAY beyond us mortals... but good on you.

Erel, you never cease to amaze us with your talents.
We shall all learn from your insight and wonderful talent - with your vids that show us step by step.

No reply required, carry on...
Thanks