Share My Creation Go Left! LibGDX+Box2D+SB

Hi friends,

This is my first game i use Box2D collisions check and SB.

First i want to say a VERY BIG thanks to INFORMATIX for his great libs, for his great examples and for his patience...

I would never be able to make it without his help, so thank you very much fred :)

So this game is a really simple racing game where you need to stay on the road. You can only drive left (thatswhy the Name :D)

The games is running very smooth on my phone so if someone has any other experience please tell me..

Have fun and don't forgett, drive safe and to the left ;)

(PS: this is a very simple game, my next more complex LibGDX/Box2D/SB game will be soon available ;))

LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.netgl

1.png

2.png 3.png 4.png

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent first game. I too have just started to read some of Fred's information on LibGDX. Hope my first attempt turns out so well. ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent first game. I too have just started to read some of Fred's information on LibGDX. Hope my first attempt turns out so well. ;)

Thanx random coder, but this is not my first libgdx games its the first time i use box2d and SB with libgdx.

Perfect combination ;)

Now i will make a more complex racing/puzzle game with different levels and nice animations...

You should download freds examples and also andymc examples they will help you get started with libgdx.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Leader board would be good, I can match 7 but reckon I could easily do more with a little practice. It's easier if you try to stay wide.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nice, but is it normal that it goes slowly forward?

I stopped at 11 rounds as my food was ready while I could endlessly continue since the speed doesn't increase each lap.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I meassured it and it takes 18-20 second for a lap. (depending how you take turns)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I meassured it and it takes 18-20 second for a lap. (depending how you take turns)

Ok, it should not take so much.

I found out that the speed change on different devices. I have samsung s5 and it runs very fast. I tested it on nexus 4 and the speed was slower so i need to check how i can make it run the same on all devices.

Thank you sorex for pointing that issue.
i will fix that and add also a leaderboard and make also the buttons a little bit bigger...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
also the buttons a little bit bigger...

indeed, if I didn't see the screenshots before I installed it I wouldn't even notice them either.

also the "TAP" is almost unreadable. It would be even worse on my other phone where the resolutions is even lower :)
gl1.png gl2.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i / 2.3.6)

Wow, this is a very old phone. Resolution 320*480... i am surprised that it really runs on your device :D

My s5 has 1920*1080 and it runs great. I will see how i can fix the speed issue... but you should consider buy a new phone if you plan to make games ...

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, it runs smooth tho just the speed is too slow.

the benefit of using such phone is that you can uptimize things so that it works fine on it and then you're sure that it works fine on the rest aswell,
you never know that when you only work on an ultra fast S4/5/6.

I renovated my house last year so I'm kind of broke and have no budget for a new €500 phone. :(
(I currently trust on what I see in genymotion, my old phone and tablet)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought my s5 (new and open for all carriers) for 360€ so you dont need to spend 500€ for a new phone you can find very good phones for 250€ without any problems.

Genymotion will not give you the exact result like a phone. On my pc it runs good but slower then on my phone.

And today most people upgrade to new models because they are cheap.

I am not sure if there is a need to test your app/game on very old phones and if it runs good then it will run also on new models.

But if not?? You will try to reduce animations, and other great stuff to be able to run it on old modells and then the game experience goes down...

Is this the right way?? I am not sure..

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's really hard. I can't finish 1 lap! I hate you Ilan!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

It depends on the game.

most or all of your games can be written on or target my phones, most apps on the store did aswell years ago and now too if they aren't too complex.

if I want to do a bloated fancy 3D game then I won't focus on old phones either since that relies more on the cpu/gpu power than for example this game does.