Share My Creation Go Left! LibGDX+Box2D+SB

Hi friends,

This is my first game i use Box2D collisions check and SB.

First i want to say a VERY BIG thanks to INFORMATIX for his great libs, for his great examples and for his patience...

I would never be able to make it without his help, so thank you very much fred :)

So this game is a really simple racing game where you need to stay on the road. You can only drive left (thatswhy the Name :D)

The games is running very smooth on my phone so if someone has any other experience please tell me..

Have fun and don't forgett, drive safe and to the left ;)

(PS: this is a very simple game, my next more complex LibGDX/Box2D/SB game will be soon available ;))

LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.netgl

1.png

2.png 3.png 4.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I meassured it and it takes 18-20 second for a lap. (depending how you take turns)

Hi sorex i have uploaded a new version could you please test it now and tell me if now its running faster.

A lap should take about 6 sec (5-7) and the the speed will increase every 2 laps...

Thank you

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks-runs nice on Galaxy Note II . There is my best :
Screenshot_2015-08-03-08-54-36.png

:D

Even if you add right turn ability, it would be hard as well, and the score would be same as only left option I think..
Anyways , good game :) Good luck!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks-runs nice on Galaxy Note II . There is my best :View attachment 36409

:D

Even if you add right turn ability, it would be hard as well, and the score would be same as only left option I think..
Anyways , good game :) Good luck!

Thanx jaames, can you tell me please how much time a lap takes on your device? (Rough counting)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan,

thanks, it's now at least more challenging than it was before ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
got 8 rounds but the collision doesn't seem to be right all the time as I can drive my car almost completely through the outer ring.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if you add right turn ability, it would be hard as well

that's the challenging part, if you go a bit too much to the left you never know if that will lead to a game over or not depending on the angle.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
got 8 rounds but the collision doesn't seem to be right all the time as I can drive my car almost completely through the outer ring.

I made it a little bit easier so you can touch the outer ring but not the complete vehicle only a small part of it.

Does the complete car go out of the ring?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the complete car go out of the ring?

at the top it can go through like 1/2 or 2/3 of the car.

on the inner circle you sometimes crash when you slightly touched it.

a screen lock would be nice, it blacks out after a few seconds when I'm typing here. ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm totally unable to finish the first lap and I find the ads really annoying. But it's nice to see that you're comfortable with Box2D and SB now. You enter a world of new possibilities...

Is the game to fast? A lap should take about 6 sec., is it unplayable on your phone or just a little bit hard?

Thanx to you i can now start making "real" games. :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
at the top it can go through like 1/2 or 2/3 of the car.

on the inner circle you sometimes crash when you slightly touched it.

a screen lock would be nice, it blacks out after a few seconds when I'm typing here. ;)

What is for you the outer line, do you mean the yellow line or the grey wall ?

EDIT: i think i understand what you, i put the outer limit to far away because i wanted to make it easier to play but visualy its not correct i agree with you and i will change it.

The great thing with box2d is that you just change the point of the body how you like and the collision will be change too, no need to calculate anything in your code, all is done automaticly by box2d

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
some nitpicking... ;)

when the car is red, blue, or some other none yellow color the colors during the crash don't match as they always appear to be yellow and cyan.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited: