Share My Creation Gold asset management

Hi guys,

This is my first application made for Android platform, and the good thing is it made fully with B4A. It is a pleasure development environment where I can mostly found everything I need to work from real scratch to something useful for community.

This application is designed to person, specifically to Indonesian, who own gold to see their investment grows in daily basis. Because this is very specific users, all user interface are made in Indonesian Language, and uses data from local too.

The data reference came from PT. Logam Mulia, Aneka Tambang, or a well known short name, Antam.

Application background:

- A specific PHP is written to "cron" the original web page Logam Mulia - Precious Metals Refinery | Home every hour. This PHP scrap the content, digest the value and store the data to database. It also automatically compute the statistics.

- There are 3 areas that has different gold price. This application detects the location itself using cell ID based location. It will pick the nearest office gold location to quote their price. The location itself is queried using my own module hosted on the server, not the local device query.

- Application first load the cache data if any. At the same time, an HTTP connection is made to query the mySQL database for current price -- based on location parameter. It returns JSON format. B4U is made to render the page for nice UI layout.

- User can store their gold purchase on asset screen.

- User can get information how their gold investment is growing in daily basis, using current online data. They can see per unit grow, or all in one grow.

- User can back-up the data to CSV format, and restore it too.

- User can also send the data directly to their email, so they can manipulate the data to, says, Google Documents, or Microsoft Excel on their desktop.

- A graph that contains gold price since January 1, 2010 up to today. User can select a week range at min, year range at max and display its result on a nice graph, so they can see the trend.

- A custom preference to set their preference, whether they want to hide menu, made manual location detection instead of automatic, reset database, default email/name during emailing, etc.

The application has been published in Google Play. If you speaks Malay or Bahasa, you may want to see it right from your device. I personally like the graph screen.

Should you want to try this new app made fully with B4U, please visit Google Play at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colacolo.emas

Appreciate your feedback on UI, layout, design, etc. A nice "like", comment, or five stars ***** :) on Google Play would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5,482
  • reference.jpg
    reference.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 314
  • asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 273
  • add.jpg