Android Question Google don't like the text of the background location access request anymore

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I put in the rp.CheckAndRequest(rp.PERMISSION_ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) ir comes up with the standard question of access to the user that have been going through the Google Play aproval process for years.
However now Google complains and says:
  • Appear before your app’s location runtime permission.
  • Include at least the following sentence, adapted to include all the relevant features requesting access to location in the background in the app that are readily visible to the user: “This app collects location data to enable ["feature"], ["feature"], & ["feature"] even when the app is closed or not in use.”

So now it needs to be app specific. How do I modify the text that the RunTimePermissions (Version 1.12) library presents.

Also how do I diverse in the location request between just foreground access and both foreground and background access.
Since they now demand a video of how and why you need location background access, some of my apps could be modified to just use location in the foreground.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
The async msgbox is not as sleek as integrating it directly into the text but I will see if Google will approve it.

Still struggling with what triggers the "Allow all the time option" for location.
I have 2 apps that have the exact same Mainifest and both runs rp.CheckAndRequest(rp.PERMISSION_ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) but on one I also get asked the "Allow all the time" option wile the other one only asks "Allow only while using the app" and no all the time option.

Upvote 0