Android Tutorial Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MODERN TALKING

Licensed User
Longtime User
תודה אֶרְאֵל

Compiles perfectly now BUT:

The dreaded WHITE BLANK TILES with NO MAP showing.

MODERN TALKING

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is a Signing Key? I thought only need an API Key.

I'm moving to Bangalore man - where EVERYONE is a Programmer. Hire about 1,000 of 'em.

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
when i try to run the example i get this erorr why?
B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.05s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Generating R file. Error
ERROR: resource directory 'C:\android\tools\..\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res' does not exist

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
it neede to down load google play services
now i am facing this error
B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.12s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Generating R file. (0.60s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (1.25s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\libraries\google-play-services.jar

Alisson

Licensed User
Erel, hello!
You can publish how develop cluster and using Json to take resulted of the database?
I try develop one app like geolocation whatsapp, but not have sucessuful!

Thanks very much!

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have the soloution , i did some thing odd,
i went whre the sdk is and copy the jar file and the google-play-services.jar.properties into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries
and i compile and run the software ..............
i know it is odd but it works
it is time to play now !!!!!!

jchal

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have the soloution , i did some thing odd,
i went whre the sdk is and copy the jar file and the google-play-services.jar.properties into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries
and i compile and run the software ..............
i know it is odd but it works

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should not add google-play-services.jar to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries folder
but to your AdditionalLibraries folder.
If you don't already have one you should add one.
Why ? Because if you update B4A in the same folder as the previous version the Libraries folder will be replaced with the 'standard' B4A libraries and all additional libraries you added will be lost.
You must reference the AdditionalLibraries folder in the IDE in the Tools menu.

And enter the folder name in the AdditionalLibraries field.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-17_17-51-58.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 499

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a mature project that I am updating after the B4A Ver 5.8 changes.

- All my SDK resources appear up to date.
- The manifest appears unchanged from before and already contains my existing API signature for the package as in the example.
- I have added the module attributes and the program runs right to the point where you invoke a map when I get a run-time error evidently from a missing resource:

This appears to me a missing resource. What is it and where should it be located ?

sdixon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also am getting the same error as described above.

Followed all of the instructions and when compiling get the error message

AndroidManifest.xml:38: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@Integer/google_play_services_version').

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the Android SDK

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Additional libraries folder contains:

google-play-services.jar
google-play-services.properties

The folder is correctly referenced at Tools > Configure Paths > Additional Libraries

The resource targeted at....
#AdditionalRes: C:\Android-SDK\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res, com.google.android.gms
.... is not evident in the target folder

What exactly does 'com.google.android.gms' look like? The folder in question contains no files only more folders....

The full run-time log:

Last edited:

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I loaded a few points close to each other. Points are displayed, however, I see the map on a scale that I can see the whole earth. How do I stop increased to the first point of the set magnification?

Ok. I find and working fine

B4X:
    Dim aa As CameraPosition
    aa.Initialize(first_x,firsy_y,1000)
    gmap.AnimateCamera(aa)

Last edited:

sdixon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I uninstalled the Android-sdk. Then I installed Android Studio (which includes the sdk). I then made sure that all of the Android sdk tools were also installed to the latest version. Copied google-play-services.jar to the Additional libraries folder. copied the GoogleMaps library to the Additional Libraries folder, checked it to use it in the app.

Still got the error.

Finally solved it by updating Tools | Configure Paths and then setting the javac.exe path and the android.jar path to the latest (updated) local paths.

A day in which you don't learn something new is not really a good day, so thanks for giving me a good day.

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel.....

Mystery solved. The Google Play Services Library in the <Additional Libraries folder> was completely the correct version.

......However there was an older version of the same library lurking the <Libraries> folder and seemingly the older one was getting picked up by default.

Don't make the same mistake folks..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…