Android Question Google play account terminated

Makumbi

Licensed User
Please help iam getting this message on my email
B4X:
Reason for termination: Prior violations of the Developer Program Policies and Developer Distribution Agreement by this or associated accounts as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address(es) of the Google Play Developer account(s).
As explained in our Enforcement Process, repeated or serious violations of our policies may result in the termination of your Google Play Developer account and related Google Play Developer accounts.

You can visit the Developer Policy Center to better understand how we enforce Developer Program Policies. If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this termination may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team.

Please do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

how can i be helped to fix this

Makumbi

Licensed User
They say "outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address". What did they say in the previous emails?

How does this relate to this thread?
after searching i found this email which was sent in march can and my app has file access enabled from the manifest editor can this cause my account to be terminated
Hello Google Play Developer,​
We're writing to let you know about recent updates to our Developer Policy Center. We make updates from time to time as part of our continuous effort to make Google Play a safe and trustworthy experience for both developers and consumers.​
Policy updates and clarifications
We’re introducing policy updates that need your attention. You’ll have 30 days from the issuance of this notification to comply with the following changes:​
  • Apps that target Android 11+ and need to access external storage must comply with the All Files Access Permission policy, so users have more access control over their device storage.
  • We're adding regional updates for Real-Money Gambling countries, and are adding clarifications to the Gamified Loyalty program policy requirements.
  • We’re updating the Sexual Content and Profanity policy with additional examples of prohibited apps.
Additionally, we’ve added new examples and clarifications to some of our policies. Please note that these aren’t new policies and we aren’t changing our enforcement standards and practices as a result of these updates.​
  • We’re updating the Families Policy Requirements with additional clarity on app functionality.
  • We’re clarifying the News policy as it relates to user-generated content apps, contact information, and use of advertising.
  • We’re reiterating our definition of Malware and clarified the definition of stalkerware.
  • We’ve clarified an example of common violations in the Misleading Claims policy.
  • We’ve added a Help Center link to our Payments policy that contains additional information about Google Play’s billing system and answers to frequently asked questions about the Payments policy.
  • We’ve clarified the Personal and Sensitive Information policy.
  • We’ve clarified requirements for COVID-19 status apps.
  • We’ve added an example of a common ads violation to the Families Ads and Monetization policy.
Upcoming new policy
Using data responsibly means that developers only access personal data that they need. Later this year, we’ll be introducing a new policy where apps need to be approved to view what other apps are installed on users’ devices. We’ll send you 60-day advance notice before you need to comply with the following changes:​
  • Developers need to request permission for their app to view what other apps are installed on a user’s device. You’ll be able to request a new “QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES" permission for “Package (App) Visibility” in the Play Developer Console as early as July. Learn more.
We encourage you to review these policy updates carefully in case any of your apps are impacted.​

below is my manifest editor what changes can i make to make it compatible with these peoples standards
B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: https://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="29"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
    SetApplicationAttribute(android:usesCleartextTraffic, "true")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
AddPermission(com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE)
AddPermission(com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ)
AddPermission(com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE)
AddPermission(com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.htc.launcher.permission.UPDATE_SHORTCUT)
AddPermission(com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT)
AddPermission(com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE)
AddPermission(com.huawei.launcher3.permission.READ_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.huawei.launcher3.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.huawei.launcher2.permission.READ_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.huawei.launcher2.permission.READ_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS)
AddPermission(android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
AddPermission(android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
AddPermission(com.sonyericsson.home.permission.BROADCAST_BADGE)
AddPermission(com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT)
AddPermission (android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Themes.LightTheme)
'End of default text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well their letter lists three reasons:
  • Apps that target Android 11+ and need to access external storage must comply with the All Files Access Permission policy, so users have more access control over their device storage.
  • We're adding regional updates for Real-Money Gambling countries, and are adding clarifications to the Gamified Loyalty program policy requirements.
  • We’re updating the Sexual Content and Profanity policy with additional examples of prohibited apps.
You are targeting API 29, so the first does not seem to [fully] apply.

What does your app do and is there anyway it can be related to the other two reasons?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also I noticed that your manifest has references to Huawei devices.

I think google banned Huawei devices - I wonder if those manifest references are triggering some "prohibited" red flag in google's automated app scanner.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are a lot of entries in your manifest that I don't know.
I can’t know why your account is suspended. Could be the reasons that @JohnC listed above.

One tip (could be not related to the suspension) is change the minimum version to 19 or later.

What I can suggest is send an email to Google to check what could be the problem.

Certainly was a bot that suspend the account. You will need to appeal and appeal again, until get an answer, that other than a standardized email:

Upvote 0

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
6njLMPC2YU-xz7bQ8iHurw.jpg

your account will never come back.
Don't bother. you can't do anything.
google is very strict about this.

I am writing what you will do from now on.

## creating a new account. A new e-mail address. a new cell phone. a new computer. a new phone line (sim card). a new bank account. a new address.

## the most important thing is not to violate the policy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Makumbi

Licensed User
Well their letter lists three reasons:
You are targeting API 29, so the first does not seem to [fully] apply.

What does your app do and is there anyway it can be related to the other two reasons?
My app is a school app which does not support gambling and doesnot contain any sexual content. the First reason for file accession permission is the only issue i can see . but even that the app is also used by parents to download homework to their phones unless when they what me to switch this feature off (feature of downloading homework)

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I have heard stories that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to re-open an account after google closes it.

So if you can open a different account as Almora suggests, just make sure you react quickly to any warning emails from google even if they don't make sense because you can see what happens if you do nothing.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, and I would remove the Huawei references from your manifest and implement the All Files Access Permission just in case, generate a new signing certificate then change the package name of your app before you try to upload it using your new developer account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had 110 applications. and my account was closed due to copyright infringement. I made a lot of effort to open it. but unfortunately.
The only thing to do is to open a new account as I wrote above.
I have been using the new account for about 2 years. need to be very careful. need to follow the policy rules.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another option could be to distribute your app by your own website.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had 110 applications. and my account was closed due to copyright infringement. I made a lot of effort to open it. but unfortunately.
The only thing to do is to open a new account as I wrote above.
I have been using the new account for about 2 years. need to be very careful. need to follow the policy rules.
Did you do all the things below, as you recommended?
creating a new account. A new e-mail address. a new cell phone. a new computer. a new phone line (sim card). a new bank account. a new address

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I have heard stories that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to re-open an account after google closes it.
Not impossible.

If you don't know the reason that your account was terminated or you don't agree with the reason, appeal and appeal again.

But if you got 3 strikes due copyright infringement, for example, I don't think is possible get the account back.

I had an account terminated in 15/03/2020 due a coronavirus word in an app and other previous violations (copyrights infringement).
To the 2 first strikes, due the copyright, I agree, but I don't agree with the 3º.
I sent an appeal and was rejected.
I created a new account, pay the developer tax and the new account was terminated too, due association with the terminated account.
Sent another appeals, filled forms and in 24/03/2020 I got my account back.

This video gave me a direction to make this appeal and go on:

Last edited:
Upvote 0