Google yet again disgusts me ๐Ÿคฎ

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
DroidScript is (was!) an Android on-device and browser based Javascript IDE.

DroidScript โ€“ JavaScript IDE

For a while I stopped using Android as Google disgusts me but with the demise of Windows Mobile I had no choice but to use Android as I will never use Apple. Before finally returning to B4A I used DroidScript for a while. It is produced by some people who were originally Cambridge University academics and they are a bunch of good guys. As you can see from the link on their home page Google has thoroughly screwed them over with no apparent recourse ๐Ÿ˜ 

Oh God, how I wish there was an alternative to this dreadful corporation ๐Ÿ˜ข

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just

PRICES - COSTS

i bought my iPhone 11 128GB for the same price as the Samsung s20 cost when they came out. so the price is very similar to Samsung phones. at least here in Israel. if you ask me iPhone is much better than Samsung.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i bought my iPhone 11 128GB for the same price as the Samsung s20 cost when they came out. so the price is very similar to Samsung phones.
1 - There are many Android brands that cost a lot less than Samsung;
2 - For the development of iOS apps you have to spend a lot; even to publish on the Apple store;

if you ask me iPhone is much better than Samsung.
I speak (write) from the point of view of developer, not user. As a user, Android works, it gives me a lot more than I need and, as mentioned, for lower prices.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what is wrong with Apple?
In a word (or two) - Steve Jobs, his lack of ethics and his legacy. I was unfortunate to have interacted with Apple in the very early days of the Apple II and I will never touch them again such is my (probably irrational) hatred of Steve Jobs.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple 2 was introduced in 1977. its about 44 years ago. :eek::eek: i will from now on be very careful with my words to not annoy you. i can see you hold a grudge for a very long time. ๐Ÿ˜…

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
In a word (or two) - Steve Jobs, his lack of ethics and his legacy. I was unfortunate to have interacted with Apple in the very early days of the Apple II and I will never touch them again such is my (probably irrational) hatred of Steve Jobs.
Totally agree with you here. I've read the Walter Isaacson Jobs biography a few times now, and Jobs comes across as a totally self centred arrogant a##hole, who believed anyone that didn't agree with him on everything was stupid. A thoroughly awful human based on personality. He was also very shortsighted technology wise, with examples being: introducing the Mac as black and white with a tiny screen, one drive and 128k of Ram, when less than a year later you could get an Amiga with double the specs at half the price, this was while ignoring the Apple 2 line, which was the cash cow for Apple at the time. He then resisted putting an Appstore on iPhones until he was forced to, he didn't want iPods to work with Windows PCs, he didn't like people upgrading or tweaking their own computers. Basically he was a total control freak.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Totally agree with you here. I've read the Walter Isaacson Jobs biography a few times now, and Jobs comes across as a totally self centred arrogant a##hole, who believed anyone that didn't agree with him on everything was stupid. A thoroughly awful human based on personality. He was also very shortsighted technology wise, with examples being: introducing the Mac as black and white with a tiny screen, one drive and 128k of Ram, when less than a year later you could get an Amiga with double the specs at half the price, this was while ignoring the Apple 2 line, which was the cash cow for Apple at the time. He then resisted putting an Appstore on iPhones until he was forced to, he didn't want iPods to work with Windows PCs, he didn't like people upgrading or tweaking their own computers. Basically he was a total control freak.

but what does it has to do with the products his company made? i don't buy a product because the creator is a nice person. i buy it if it is a good product with high quality. after using for years only android devices i find ios devices work much faster and more robust than android devices. even though the specs are lower on ios devices they work better. i guess it's because Apple makes the hardware and the software by itself.

btw Google is not much better. ๐Ÿ˜

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not saying Apple products are bad, just that Steve Jobs wasn't a very nice person.

It is a shame Apple products aren't a bit more tech focused though, Macs are nice machines, but there's just something about not being the industry standard that stops me wanting to use one.

D

Deleted member 103

Until recently, I found Apple politics much more restrictive than Google politics.
But google goes more restrictive than apple, even quasi like dictator.
As a programmer you get, if you want to publish an app, Apple's really help and can customize your app to your policy.
With Google you will not get real help.
If you do an error then your app or even your Accout is locked.
Apple goes much friendlier than Google with programmers.

But I want to clarify that I am not an Apple fans.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple goes much friendlier than Google with programmers.
This might very well be one of the benefits of Apple charging $99 per year to be in the store. Most never, ever have to talk to them. But some run into problems, and that money is what's paying for them to actually have human(*) staff that you can communicate with. I'd love to pay Google $99 per year to increase the chance of reaching a human if/when I run into a problem with my app/account.

(*) Might be reptilians, who knows?

D

Deleted member 103

I'd love to pay Google $99 per year to increase the chance of reaching a human if/when I run into a problem with my app/account.
I that is 99 โ‚ฌ a year a lot of money, especially if you sell nothing.
I can only say from my site that I have for Apple less programming effort and more revenue.
That's why I pay the 99 โ‚ฌ per year for Apple as much as the B4X license fees. ;)