GoogleIdentity - Sign in with Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

prajinpraveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it possible to check if the user has signed in or signed out. when i close and re-open the app, i should be able to check if the user has already logged in.
Is there a way to signout?

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is up to you to decide how to treat automatic signing in. The library manages a single step which is the signing step.

You can store the state in an internal file (it can be hacked) or send the state to your server and store a random id locally. This way you will be able to log in the user automatically when the program starts.

Signing out means that you delete the local file.

prajinpraveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. I will store a key locally. i would have been really nice if there was an option to log-out or deauthorize.
at the moment once logged in you cannot log out

RichyK68

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I've followed the instructions (and also tried the example) but upon compiling my project or the sample project I get :

B4A version: 6.31
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.89s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.34s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Generating R file. Error
ERROR: resource directory '\extra-res\identity' does not exist

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

RichyK68

Licensed User
Longtime User
Murphy must be with me today!

It compiles now and runs, I get the sign-in button, I press it, up pops the please sign in message with sign in with google. I press it, I get a list of accounts on my phone, I select one, press OK, and the gi_Signin method is never called and I'm returned to the sign in with google prompt. So my app doesn't know what account has been selected. This does exactly the same thing on the sample project downloaded from above.

Thanks,

Richard

hi
i'm getting this error when i want to use googleidentity

d:\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\values\base_attrs.xml:11: error: Attribute "buttonSize" already defined with incompatible format.
F:\Desktop\6\google\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\values\values.xml:47: Original attribute defined here.
d:\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\values\base_attrs.xml:16: error: Attribute "colorScheme" already defined with incompatible format.
F:\Desktop\6\google\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\values\values.xml:55: Original attribute defined here.
d:\android-sdk\extras\google\google_play_services\libproject\google-play-services_lib\res\values\common_attrs.xml:13: error: Attribute "imageAspectRatioAdjust" already defined with incompatible format.
F:\Desktop\6\google\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\values\values.xml:34: Original attribute defined here.

Status
Not open for further replies.