B4A Library GoogleIdentity - Sign in with Google

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by Erel, May 1, 2016.

1. MarcoRome

MarcoRome Expert Licensed User

Is right also this.
    Do you opened the account and created your own key today ?
    and sorry for stupid question... but are you sure that "Identity Toolkit API" is enabled ?

larthechange likes this.
  2. adrianstanescu85

adrianstanescu85 Active Member Licensed User

The Google account is a few months old and the first keys were created last night i.e. about 12 hours ago. In the mean time I've deleted all of them and created new ones, for about 2 hours now, maybe even 3.

I get no error inside the B4A app, actually after clicking on my email address on the phone when signing in I get the "sending message to waiting queue" and "running waiting messages" in the log, but that's about everything. The label on the screen doesn't change text either.

And yes, the API is enabled:
    [​IMG]

3. MarcoRome

When you go in Settings "Identity Toolkit Api" in page you see also this:

Immagine.jpg

do you have this Key in your manifest ?

4. adrianstanescu85

Actually the key from the listed client configuration is different from the Android key, more specifically it was automatically generated as a Browser key (and I cannot find a place to switch it to Android). The Android initial key remains in the credentials list, but in the mean time this Browser key appeared.

[​IMG]

The key from the Server configuration is the same one as the Web application key in the listed credentials, i.e. the same as chosen in the OAuth.

[​IMG]

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You must carefully follow Google's instructions. You cannot use a different key.

Use USB debug mode and check the unfiltered logs. There might be more information.

MarcoRome likes this.
  6. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi @adrianstanescu85:

Have you solved this issue? ? I'm in the same case as you; I run the B4A example and after choosing the mail account to sign in, nothing changes (gi_Signin Event doesn't fire)

I've followed the instructions and the helpful guide from @MarcoRome (tested the Json Client & server configuration with manifest editor) but nothing changes

USB debugging on and uncheckered filter doesn't show more info

7. adrianstanescu85

So far no luck at all! I followed all instructions I could find here and what belongs to Google, but... no result! Tried the USB debugging with no results either.

8. MarcoRome

look response Erel. If you utulize a different key you will not be the result

9. adrianstanescu85

Marco, did you have any success with the current example for yourself?

10. MarcoRome

Sure already say this in #3
    Work very well. Look this example:

inakigarm likes this.
  11. adrianstanescu85

So there must be a way! Do you have a working project with a test key or something like that? Even if it's temporary or so. I can't seem to get an end to the original project here, even though I followed all the steps.

12. MarcoRome

Sorry this is my key ... and is all in production...so i cant release this... but if you follow istruction Erel and me ... i'm sure that you found way

13. Erel

Are you using a non-debug signing key?

14. inakigarm

Yes, I'm using a new created private key

15. Erel

I recommend you to start from scratch with a new package name and a new project in Google console.

16. inakigarm

Yes I've tried two times two new projects, maybe the third is the good one !

17. jazzzzzzz

jazzzzzzz Active Member Licensed User

18. jazzzzzzz

Any one..?
    so its better to stick with google account manager lib..!

19. Erel

Use which ever library better suits your requirements!

The libraries functionality is not the same. GoogleAccountManager is based on the local set accounts. GoogleIdentity is better suited for a log-in page. The user can use any Google account (and in the future Facebook account) they like.

The data also comes from different places. GoogleAccountManager - Local contacts store, GoogleIdentity - Google online authentication service.

20. jazzzzzzz

Am using these lib for login page and google identity is thing I wanted as it support add account ,my issue is I dont get profile pic link in my phone,its just giving null..I just reported a issue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice