Android Question GooglePlayService troubles

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app uses Googlemap and needs GooglePlayServices present to run.
One year ago or so I found some new devices does not have GooglePlayServices and then discovered I needed to install Google+ and all was working then.
After some months I found some new devices with Google+ installed but GooglePlayServices not present, then I discovered I needed to update Google+ and all was working then.
Again after some months I found some new devices with Google+ installed and updated but but GooglePlayServices not present .. grrr....
Of course you will not find GooglePlayServices on the playstore as an app because it isn't. But I have discovered you can find a "GooglePlayServices info" app. If you download and run, it shows a button "playstore" and if you click it starts an install or update of this damned GooglePlayServices and then all works.
Actually everytimes a customer install my app I have to support him to follow the above steps to have then the app running.
How can all of this be optimized and automatized ?

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suppose after some time you have the device alle the updates are installed, but may require a lot and as you buy a new devices it isn't.
So the customer buy the device, install my app and call me because they see my message that GooglePlayServices is not available.
Instead of showing the msgbox that GooglePlayServices is not available, which is the correct code to directly launch the install ? Intent ?

Upvote 0