Gps Gate

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by dennishea, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dennishea

dennishea Active Member Licensed User

First I have a Axim x50 520 mgz.

Quetion) Has anybody managed to get gps4ppc to link with external bluetooth gps unit without using gpsgate and the like? I can use gpsgate and everything works fine with it but I would rather do it with just b4ppc and it's librarys if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this.

:)

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. dennishea

dennishea Active Member Licensed User

Erel

Yes I have tried the tutorial, gps4ppc works fine with gpsgate running. Both tutorial's react the same. When I'm using gps4ppc I select Connect not "Show All Ports" the com choice's from b4ppc it shows com 1: with a bunch of charactors that look like russian or japanese or something, com 2: native ir, com 3: nothing behind it and com 5: bt uart on com 5. If I choose anything other than com 3: it error's out with error opening port. Com 3: say's it's connected for the five seconds, then it disconnects. When I use Show All Ports no matter what selection I make they error out. Again with gpsgate running everything works fine. I'm using axim x50 with wm5 rom a01. I wish I could be of more help solving this. :sign0148: :sign0188:

4. jesb4ppc

jesb4ppc Member Licensed User

GpsGate & b4ppc

Hi dennishea,

I've been working also with gpsgate and GPS reading functions, over an Htc/Qtek S200 with WM5 and a external BT GPS.

Yes, it works but, until now, not quite well; I mean that I've been able to read positions provided from gpsgate virtual port in a GPS simple application (the GPS sample), but with a lot of delay, both in the first adquirance, and also in the following retreived data. :confused:

This delay makes it no useful for a real time working, which was what I needed, so I stopped developing with gpsgate. Maybe there's a way to make it works ok, but in a first approaching it has a unexpected delay.

Good luck,

Jesus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice