Gps Gate

dennishea

Licensed User
First I have a Axim x50 520 mgz.

Quetion) Has anybody managed to get gps4ppc to link with external bluetooth gps unit without using gpsgate and the like? I can use gpsgate and everything works fine with it but I would rather do it with just b4ppc and it's librarys if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this.

:)

dennishea

Licensed User
Erel

Yes I have tried the tutorial, gps4ppc works fine with gpsgate running. Both tutorial's react the same. When I'm using gps4ppc I select Connect not "Show All Ports" the com choice's from b4ppc it shows com 1: with a bunch of charactors that look like russian or japanese or something, com 2: native ir, com 3: nothing behind it and com 5: bt uart on com 5. If I choose anything other than com 3: it error's out with error opening port. Com 3: say's it's connected for the five seconds, then it disconnects. When I use Show All Ports no matter what selection I make they error out. Again with gpsgate running everything works fine. I'm using axim x50 with wm5 rom a01. I wish I could be of more help solving this. :sign0148: :sign0188:

jesb4ppc

Licensed User
GpsGate & b4ppc

Hi dennishea,

I've been working also with gpsgate and GPS reading functions, over an Htc/Qtek S200 with WM5 and a external BT GPS.

Yes, it works but, until now, not quite well; I mean that I've been able to read positions provided from gpsgate virtual port in a GPS simple application (the GPS sample), but with a lot of delay, both in the first adquirance, and also in the following retreived data. :confused:

This delay makes it no useful for a real time working, which was what I needed, so I stopped developing with gpsgate. Maybe there's a way to make it works ok, but in a first approaching it has a unexpected delay.

Good luck,

Jesus.