Android Question GPS library not working with inWatch Z smartwatch

iQd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

First of all, thank you for a great development tool, I have been working with it for a while now and love it!

I am currently developing an app for an Android smartwatch called inWatch Z (http://inwatchz.com).
It has a 240x240 px display, GPS, WiFi, 3G and lots more.

First when I started to develop for it, I noticed that the Bridge application does not size itself on the screen, some controls are out of view. Maybe this is fixed already, this didn't however prevent the development work.

Everything in my app so far has been working fine, however I noticed that the GPS - I can't get any data from it.
Not with the GPS demo app, and not after trying everything that I thought could affect it in my application as well.

The GPS is indeed active and it's working fine with other apps that use GPS, however I am not getting anything even with the GPS demo app.

Am I missing something crucial like some other library that's needed for the GPS to operate, or could there be some other issue that is hardware related?

Thanks!

iQd

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's indeed where I test the GPS.
I was out for about two hours on a clear area but the test app did not produce any results, while other apps did. The device gets a lock in a couple of minutes from cold start and gives the location.

When indoors, the GPS should not provide any values, even not the last location, is this correct?

Upvote 0

iQd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I made a factory reset on the smartwatch - that cleared the issue.
I am now getting the coordinates ok also in my app.

Upvote 0