GPSInt - Microsoft GPS Intermediate Driver Interface

hsandy

Licensed User
This library is an interface to the Microsoft GPS Intermediate Driver that is included on WM5 and later devices that have internal GPS hardware. I developed and tested this using a Samsung SGH-I617 (Blackjack II), a WindowsMobile 6 Stardard device. The library was compiled using VS2005 Standard edition and the Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK. I don't know if this will cause problems if used with WM5 or with touchscreen devices. If different target platforms are needed, let me know.

Attachments

• GPSInt-wm6-std-v1.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 160

hsandy

Licensed User
Sample program

Here is a simple source program showing how the GPSInt library works....

Edited...

Not sure what happened on the first upload..Most of the code was missing from the program.:signOops:

I uploaded the source file again.

Attachments

• gpsidtest.sbp
    2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

miataman

Licensed User
thanks Hsandy !
this community is génial :sign0060:

i'm testing your librairy thanks ->

ETEN X500 label "Status" = GPS ON but all others labels=empty -> no position
HTC P3300 label "Status" = empty and all others labels= empty -> no position

Last edited:

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
Assembly not found error

Hsandy,
I get an "assembly not found" - eror when trying to run the sample program from above.
I have copied everything into one folder on my device (sd-card):
  • GPSInt.dll
  • GPSInt.sbp
  • Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Samples.Location.dll
  • GPSInt.exe
  • GPSInt.exe.config
Upon starting, the decive says "Error loading program: Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Samples.Location.dll... not found".

Any idea? Must I register this dll somewhere?

Thanks,
Frank

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hsandy,
I get an "assembly not found" - eror when trying to run the sample program from above.
I have copied everything into one folder on my device (sd-card):
  • GPSInt.dll
  • GPSInt.sbp
  • Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Samples.Location.dll
  • GPSInt.exe
  • GPSInt.exe.config
Upon starting, the decive says "Error loading program: Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Samples.Location.dll... not found".

Any idea? Must I register this dll somewhere?

Thanks,
Frank

Now i've got a WM6 device i thought i'd try this.
I get the same error :sign0148:

hsandy

Licensed User
The library was compiled for Windowsmobile Standard (non-touchscreen) devices. Perhaps that is causing a problem...

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
The library was compiled for Windowsmobile Standard (non-touchscreen) devices. Perhaps that is causing a problem...

Any chance of sharing some source or dll files that you used to compile your dll for us to have a tinker with ?

I know it sounds idle, but in a previous thread, I once stated, there's now't to be gained by re-inventing the wheel.

PM me if need be.

TIA

hsandy

Licensed User
Any chance of sharing some source or dll files that you used to compile your dll for us to have a tinker with ?

I know it sounds idle, but in a previous thread, I once stated, there's now't to be gained by re-inventing the wheel.

PM me if need be.

TIA

Yes, source files (VS2005) are attached...

Attachments

• GPSInt.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 53

hsandy

Licensed User
hsandy, do you know if gpsint.dll work with external gps units?

No, it will only work with WM5 and WM6 devices with internal GPS hardware because it depends on the Microsoft GPS Intermediate Driver. If your device has an internal gps, you should already have a file (probably hidden) called gpsapi.dll in the \Windows directory.

dennishea

Licensed User
Thanks for the fast reply hsandy. I was hopeing it would. Oh well. Thank you much for input. Have a nice day.

dennishea:)

dennishea

Licensed User
It by itself doesn't work. I've tried to figure it out and no success. If I use GpsGate software then gps4ppc program functions otherwise no deal. I would rather basic4ppc handled the serial port stuff. I have tried different code samples and haven't gotten any of them to work. Again if I use gpsgate to handle the serial interface then basic4ppc works fine.

:sign0148:

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
Compiling the library for WM 6 touchscreen devices?

Hi,

hsandy said that the library was compiled for non-touchscreen devices.

It is possible for anyone to compile it for WM6 touchscreen devices? This would include the Orbit XDA (HTC Artemis) with its built-in GPS - a machine which is most likely on the widest used WindowsMobile machines with GPS. Then maybe this Serialport-problem could be solved...

I'm available to test.

Thanks,
Frank

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
GPS soft port

Is there a way to combine the two tools - to open the soft port with the GPSint but to use the methods of GPS.dll library ?

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this. I've no way of knowing if it will work but it is compiled for .NET 2.0 and WM2003 and later OS.

It doesn't work on my WM6.1 Orbit.
It won't load as a Component.

Same error as per other post.
'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Samples.Location' was not found.

When I get time I will have a further look into this.

TIA Andrew :)

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
New compile doesn't work

Same with me: The new compile of the library doesn't work on my XDA Orbit with WM6. If I run it on the desktop on B4PPC, I get an error on line 13 (gpsint.openGPS), that "coredll.dll" was not found.
On the device I get an error "Error loading program: NotSupportedException".

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Frank

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got the code to compile to Dll and run on my WM6 device.

I can 'GPS.Open' and 'GPS.Close' a connection.
If I 'MsgBox(GPS.Opened)' on the device, it returns 'True'.

All the other functions fail :sign0137:

2 hours work and nothing to report :cool: