Wish Graphics Display library

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would really be nice have a graphics display. Unfortunately, there are thousands of different GLCD types, so there can't be universal library.
Except for the size, the GLCDs differ by the bus system and by the controller Types, there are SPI, 8bit, 16bit parallel, and Uart, and combinations of those... like SPI+parallel bus, needing up to 20 wires to be connected... There are also thousands of different controllers.
Maybe someone has a suggestion for a convenient system to get a library for.
What I am interested in is to be able to draw line (and/or point) graphs and to draw text.
I am using that extensively using the Bascom compiler on some different Displays (EADOGM 164x64) and C-Berry (RA8870, TFT 320x240, colored). For bascom, there are some ten different libraries for different displays.
I think the easiest to implement is an EADOGM 164x64 that needs about 5 pins. However, resolution isn't that exciting, but one can get around with it.
The RA8870 needs about 15 wires.
Important also is speed. The RA8870 controller has built in graphing commands (for line etc.) and so is "sufficiently" fast.
http://bascom-forum.de/showthread.php?6073-RA8870-Grafikcontroller-C-Berry-Display
It works on Megas and Xmegas (very unfortuantely, Arduino does not support Xmegas genrally).