Great dev tablet for about $200

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys, just letting you know i picked up a Cube U30-GT for about $210 and it's been a pleasure to work with for the price. It's cheaper than my phone. They are also very quick at releasing updates when new android versions come out. (took about a week after jelly bean was released). The battery lasts about a good 22hrs of moderate use, it's very thin and comfortable as well. They have a very handy bluetooth case with a detachable magnetic bluetooth keyboard very cheap as well. I got mine from aliexpress but it's also on ebay etc...

I installed virtualbox on my pc, installed windows xp and B4A + Google Drive (to keep my projects syncd). Enabled remote desktop, Then I use X2 Remote on my tablet to connect to that virtual machine, I use a wireless bluetooth and mouse so it works just like my laptop. When i hit start to debug i just see the install dialog on the same device which is awesome, so basically now I've overcome the need for a separate machine besides the virtualbox server which you can leave anywhere in your house. With a little port forwarding, you can keep working remotely anywhere with wifi :)

270081.jpg

B4X:
CPU: RK3066 Dual Core 1.6Ghz / Quad Core GPU, Super fast in Game
GPU: Quad Core Mali 400. Support Open GLES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1
Display: 10.1" IPS HD 1028*800 Resolution  Full Visual Angle  
Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth

Operating System:   Google Android 4.0.4
Model:   Cube U30GT
Product Type:   Tablet PC
Keyboard:   Screen
Display Technology:   IPS Capacitive Screen
Screen Size:   10.1 inch
Max Resolution:   1280*800
CPU Type:   Cortex A9
CPU Manufacturer:   RockChip
CPU Model:   RK3066 Dual Core
CPU Speed:   1.6Ghz(Overspeed)
/ Technology:   DDR3
Installed Size:

1GB
Hard Drive Type:   NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity:   16GB
PCMCIA Expansion:   T-FLASH(Support 32GB MAX)
Camera:   Front: 2.0MP, Rear: 2.0MP
Color:   Front: Black, Back: White
HDMI:   Yes
3G:   Supporting External 3G modem
 Bluetooth    Built-in Bluetooth
G-Sensor:   Four way
Audio:   Built in stereo speakers/Built in Microphone
Software:   Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language:   Multi-language support
Battery Type:   8000mah
Battery / Run Time(up to):   5+ Hours
Power Device Type:   AC Adapter
Voltage required:   100/240V
Item Dimensions/ W*D*H:   24*19*12
Shipping Dimensions/ W*D*H:    250mm * 191mm * 12mm
Net Weight:   0.7KG
Input/Output Connectors
Ports:   1 x OTG port
1 x Micro Sd Card slot 
1 x DC jack
1 x Earphone jack
1 x HDMI

Communications
Networking / Data Link Protocol:   Fast Ethernet
Wireless Connection:   WIFI
Wireless Protocol:   802.11 b/g/n
Support Format
Video:   AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
Audio:   FLAC/APE/WAV
Picture:   JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
Ebook:   WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML
What's in the box:   
1 x Original Cube U30GT Tablet pc
1 x USB Cable
1 x AC Charger
1 x Ear Phone
1 x OTG Cable

1 x Original box

Last edited:

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks great. Does it have GPS? Need GPS .....

Upvote 0

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
The power connector is not usb, my initial one was a little crappy but i got a second for < $10 and it's been much better. I superglued the metal tip to the plastic just in case. In reality it was my fault because I bent it when I stepped on the cable though.

For the price it's absolutely worth it though. It has no built in GPS, but then again you can always share your phone's gps via bluetooth. It's as thin as a phone and once rooted and you throw a jelly bean rom from FlashMyAndroid - FlashMyAndroid Custom Rom & Development News it runs very fast and stable. Alternatively there is a windows 8 UI version of the rom.

The part that really blew me away was that it was better than every $400-500 tablet i played with so far.

The specific one i got was the U30-GTH

Last edited:
Upvote 0