Other GSM Shield

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
A GSM shield allows the Arduino to connect to a cellular network. This opens the door to many interesting solutions, especially outdoors.

upload_2016-5-10_17-52-5.jpeg

You can for example control the Arduino with SMS messages and the Arduino can send back SMS messages.

I will upload an example tomorrow that shows how to work with the GSM shield.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Etrel,
Is going to be different from the GPS/GPRS example in the tutorial forum?

Edit:
Just noticed this is about the GPRS (cellular network) while that one was about GSM (SMS)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see the GSM chip is SIM900.. that's Quad Band and can work in US as well as everywhere. I will order
this board. I already have the Uno.

SIM900.png

Upvote 0

mariottino82

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mariottino82

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes i tried this example with the official shield of arduino but it don't recognize the hardware correctly, the gsm shield not function correctly

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mariottino82

Licensed User
Longtime User
The GSM example is not based on any library. It sends AT commands to the GSM module. You can see the commands for the M10 here: http://www.quectel.com/UploadFile/Product/Quectel_M10_AT_Commands_Manual_V4.0.pdf

They look quite similar to the ones implemented in the example. Start with calling ATI and see whether it returns the any information.
ok,
but in the new version of b4r will be present this GSM LIBRARY with also the GPRS function for the webserver and client requests?

Upvote 0