Share My Creation Gun Project: Secret Agent

This was the first app I ever published. After some examples and tutorials, I fell in love with coding in B4A. It took me 6 weeks of coding and Photoshop to come up with this project. The code is a little bit messy and it surprises me how well it runs by using only ImageViews.

Gun Project: Secret Agent

I'm looking forward to know your opinion. :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 2,996

Mrjoey

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was the first app I ever published. After some examples and tutorials, I fell in love with coding in B4A. It took me 6 weeks of coding and Photoshop to come up with this project. The code is a little bit messy and it surprises me how well it runs by using only ImageViews.

Gun Project: Secret Agent

I'm looking forward to know your opinion. :)
Great Job man , keep forward , the graphics are high quality , the sound is exciting , now i suggest to put more guns , and display the remaining shots available , good work :)

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well done, considering it's your first app.

As suggested on the previous post you should add some more guns, also, try to improve the animation a little to make it more "realistic", what I mean by that is add a little bit of recoil when shooting, and after the last shot is fired the slider should remain back, also, consider adding ejected shells when firing and if you rack the slider.

Keep up the good work.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys!!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm currently working on another project, but I still have one or two ideas for this one.
The thing is that, since it was my first project, the code and structure is really messy. Improving the animation, for example, would be really hard because this app uses nothing more than ImageViews.

Anyway, thanks for testing and who knows, one of these days, I will clean up the code and add some features. :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Wonder,

I wonder how could you do it with only ImageView? It's great job man! Just gave you 5 star!

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Susu,

I've split the gun image into a few transparent elements on Photoshop and then I recomposed it in the B4A designer.
I did all the testing on my tablet and once I've achieved stable results, I created an auto-scaler function based on my tablet screen specifications.

The code itself isn't that bad, but the variable names, the panels and imageviews are a huge mess.
I've updated this app yesterday and it took me 30 mins to find a button that wasn't working properly.

Right now, I'm working on something way bigger, better and well structured... ;)

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great graphics and sound; thought maybe I've scaling problems on my 8'' tablet (the image doesnt't fill all the screen)

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here it is..the main screen (with the 4 options) also doesn't appear well

(on chuwi v88 8' tablet)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-29-22-37-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-29-22-37-18.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 162

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the screenshot!!

The first bug, where the graphic element are overlapping the gun, is already fixed.
The scaling bug will be taken into account. I'll try to get it fixed until the end of the week. :)