B4J Question Hardware question

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, friends.
I have an app running on Android that is used as "guide" for a list of tasks that a group of employees have to make in order and on a estimated time. Until here no problem, the app works great.
My client asked me yesterday if I can make a new feature... a display on a 50" TV that must show some info about the task in course, etc, etc... this info is provided by the app, not need to create, no need to make complicated computations, no complex graphs needed. From the first moment I thought on a Raspberry Pi plugged via HDMI to the TV running a B4J program that will link in background with the app with bluetooth (we are not allowed to use WiFi and the range is enough to keep the info updated).
My question is:
Should be enough with a RaspberryPi Zero W?
Costs are not a very big problem, there are about 30€ of difference between them, but I don't want to buy more machine that needed...
What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance.

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Screen design on rasperry pi is a critical thing - you have limited or no support for javafx. My opinion would be to look either for an android device with supports this tv (maybe a tablet) - with this way you can reuse your code best. If you want to transform to b4j than look for a device with complete javafx support...
Look here for an interesting combination: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...spberry-pi-android-things-opencvforb4a.83140/
Here you get android on your raspberry pi and solved the javafx problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally I've ordered and Android Box with Bluetooth on Amazon (http://amzn.eu/bhH2tG0) to check if it is possible to make it with a B4A app.
I hope it solves my client needs.
Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks very nice for this money! Please inform us further, if everything works like expected.

Upvote 0