Android Question Have a motion sensor connected by bluetooth to give a notification on the android phone

mscientist33

Licensed User
I have a motion sensor connected to an Arduino Nano IOT. When the motion sensor is set off I would like the Nano to send a notification to a phone that is connected by bluetooth but the main app isn't open. The phone hopefully can receive a notification from the bluetooth that motion was detected and maybe play a ring tone until the app on the phone can be opened and the motion sensor can be sent a reset command.

I have an 85 year old that is getting up in the middle of the night and is very very quiet. I want to put this motion sensor in her room at a level that will be set off once she stands up. When she does that I need a notification sent to the phone to alert us when she is trying to get up and then let us reset the sensor from an app. Is this possible?

mscientist33

Licensed User
Is there a tutorial for setting up a B4J server? Do I need to own a domain or something to be able to have a server that is accessible online?

Upvote 0