Android Question HELP...Samsung Note Screen Problems

cougar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a question. I have poured through the forums but I haven't found the answer. I recently developed an app that I'm currently trying to market. The app was designed for a 7" display although I did eventually play with the Designer Scripts so it would adjust to fit most, if not all, 7" (or greater) displays.

I then chose to make a version specific to the Samsung Galaxy Note. I removed all of my Designer Script code since I would only be targeting the Note and used the UI Cloud to make certain the app would fit the screen for the Note.

I have installed it to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (tablet) and it works fine. It installs at the Note size in the upper left corner of my Tablet screen and does not stretch to fill the screen. However, when it's installed to the Note, it auto-scales and sends everything off the screen rather than staying at the size I designed it for. I have checked to ensure that auto-scale is not turned on in the Designer window and it is not.

Is this something specific to the Samsung Galaxy Note? Is it possible that there is a setting on the Note that forces the app to do this. I appreciate any info you can provide since I have potential customers now waiting for the Note version (a version I wish now I had never put out).

One last word...I have read the info regarding designing for different layouts, etc. and I have made it a point to follow those guidelines as much as possible. They are appreciated. But, in this case, I truly was targeting one size (based on the UI Cloud emulator) and all looked fine on the screen and, again, on my tablet. Thanks again for any help. It is appreciated!

cougar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Erel..thanks. I am aware of that. I just used the Emulator term out of habit..ha. Any idea why this would happen? I know there's not much to go off of in my question but this is bugging me. I just can't understand why it works perfectly in the UI Cloud but doesn't work on the device itself. Thanks again! Requests are coming in and I need to figure this out. Also...thanks for a great development tool. If I succeed with this app, I owe you big time..:)

Upvote 0

cougar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry. I just saw your post up top. Not sure about the Log(GetDeviceLayoutFiles) for the Note. I don't actually have a Note. I am going off screenshots sent to me from a user. The only Note device I am able to use is the UI Cloud. Excuse my ignorance in response to your question. I have learned a lot with B4A and I have developed an app that is in excess of 500 pages if printed out. It's a large scale app for the engineering/oil & gas industry. But, that said, I am still "green" when it comes to many things in B4A.

Upvote 0