Android Question Help with icons

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sigh, updating an app from older version and evidently the icon rules have changed and everything looks like #$%^.

Can anyone with Image Asset Studio create the necessary icons for me from the attached file?

If it is hard don't bother but please let me know.

I would really rather not install and configure Studio at the moment just for this. I would like the background entirely filled with the light blue if that is possible. Also to make the head as large as possible and still fit the new launcher icons.

If you need the file a larger size or different format let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 127

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried to use this website?
https://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAssetStudio/

The attached is the result using your image. Try it with a higher resolution...
DonManfred thank you! Now I have to ask the next question where do I put the files :p.
I assume one of these is supposed to fill in the round Launcher icon on the latest android.
This is what I get:
upload_2019-11-17_5-55-27.png

I was hoping for something like this:
upload_2019-11-17_6-15-5.png

Also, I picked the smallest one as my icon for the status bar but it is just putting a square blob there.

I have also uploaded a 512x512 if you wouldn't mind converting that if you think it would be better.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• nag32Color512.png
    nag32Color512.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
do 2 things:
1) study the link provided. that tells you where you'll need to put the icons for your project.
2) meanwhile, you need a larger icon (216px x 216px). ideally, you need 2 images of this size: 1 with just the lady's head and a transparent background, and the other with just the background. i've done that for you, but your icon is too small to stay sharp at 216px. see if you have a larger, sharper image and post it here.

that failing, the 3 images attached go in the mipmap folder as described in the link. if you follow the instructions in the link, you'll have an adaptive icon for the play store. if the result is acceptable, you're good to go. if you have a larger icon, i'll try with it. if nothing works, you've probably not followed the instructions. i did, and i was able to generate adaptive icons for 2 apps i have at the play store. erel's instructions were complete and accurate, as i recall. i had to download android studio to generate the images, but once that was done, i just followed the tutorial. worked the first time.

Attachments

• background.png
    background.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 135
  • foreground.png
    foreground.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 128
  • ic_launcher.png
    ic_launcher.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
do 2 things:
1) study the link provided. that tells you where you'll need to put the icons for your project.
2) meanwhile, you need a larger icon (216px x 216px). ideally, you need 2 images of this size: 1 with just the lady's head and a transparent background, and the other with just the background. i've done that for you, but your icon is too small to stay sharp at 216px. see if you have a larger, sharper image and post it here.

that failing, the 3 images attached go in the mipmap folder as described in the link. if you follow the instructions in the link, you'll have an adaptive icon for the play store. if the result is acceptable, you're good to go. if you have a larger icon, i'll try with it. if nothing works, you've probably not followed the instructions. i did, and i was able to generate adaptive icons for 2 apps i have at the play store. erel's instructions were complete and accurate, as i recall. i had to download android studio to generate the images, but once that was done, i just followed the tutorial. worked the first time.
Didn't work for me.
I started a new thread HERE:
If you want to take a look. Thanks for your help, it is exactly what I was looking for. I may post a better image but I will wait until I get it working and see how it looks first.

Upvote 0