Help with listview within scrollview ?

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying to put a listview within a scrollview. I have a for loop that iterates through my json data, this is working fine.

The problem is that if I initialize the listview outside of the for-loop I get an error about the child view already existing and I need to use removeview.

If I initialize the listview within the for-loop, the error message disappears, the listview looks fine and responds to item_click, however the value returned is always the last item added to the listview.

Please could someone point me in the right direction, before I pull what hair I have left out :sign0104:

The reason I am using a scrollview is I am using a webview as well to show a web image, without downloading it first

Neil

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
While you can put a ListView inside a ScrollView, it will not behave properly as both views are scrollable.

Oh, that's not what I wanted to hear :BangHead:

Back to the listview method then, unless there is another way ??

Thanks for the reply Erel.

Neil

Upvote 0

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quick update. Thanks evryone for your input. I am loving b4a, just getting to grips with the syntax.

To solve my problem, I have attached a tag to the panel, then using the code from the scrollview example, added labels for the info fields. To get the panel pressed, I just use the panel_click sub and get the sender, then retrieve the tag. Works like a charm !!

Upvote 0

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd post my code for others to learn, but my variable names give away the app function !!

I'll rewrite it if anyone is interested.

Neil

Upvote 0