Hi to all visitors!

superbabicka

Licensed User
Focus 2 times !!!

I stuck with this:

When I finish the scan the number is write in textbox.
When I click again on button for scanning the previous number is not disappear in the same textbox, so scanner write after previous number like:

5310048000210 - First Scanning
3360372058861 - Second scanning

Result = 53100480002103360372058861
With this way I cannot read data from database, because after scanning first number all textboxes have value, but after seccond scanning they are empty - normally there are no barcode number in database like 53100480002103360372058861.

I want after First Scanning to focus textbox with blue background (like double click on text in notepad using mouse "blue backbround"), and thay when I push button again the previous text will be disappear in the same textbox and will be come new sanned number.

Any idea..?

Last edited:

GeoffW

Symbol Mobility Developer Kit

Hi There I have an MC50 and have been trying to get it to scan.

I downloaded the above kit (v1.7) from Symbol, which has sample code;

Private Sub Barcode1_OnRead(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal readerData As Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData) Handles Barcode1.OnRead
If readerData.Result = Symbol.Results.SUCCESS Then
txtInput.Text = readerData.Text
End If
End Sub

is all I needed to get it to work, once downloaded....

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I stuck with this:

When I finish the scan the number is write in textbox.
When I click again on button for scanning the previous number is not disappear in the same textbox, so scanner write after previous number like:

5310048000210 - First Scanning
3360372058861 - Second scanning

Result = 53100480002103360372058861
With this way I cannot read data from database, because after scanning first number all textboxes have value, but after seccond scanning they are empty - normally there are no barcode number in database like 53100480002103360372058861.

I want after First Scanning to focus textbox with blue background (like double click on text in notepad using mouse "blue backbround"), and thay when I push button again the previous text will be disappear in the same textbox and will be come new sanned number.

Any idea..?

If you are using the TextChanged event you can select the whole text each time:
B4X:
Textbox1.SelectionStart = 0
TextBox1.SelectionLength = StrLength(TextBox1.Text)

superbabicka

Licensed User
Hi !

Hi There I have an MC50 and have been trying to get it to scan.

I downloaded the above kit (v1.7) from Symbol, which has sample code;

Private Sub Barcode1_OnRead(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal readerData As Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData) Handles Barcode1.OnRead
If readerData.Result = Symbol.Results.SUCCESS Then
txtInput.Text = readerData.Text
End If
End Sub

is all I needed to get it to work, once downloaded....

Hi,
I try manu times to activating scanner with Basic4PPC, but Basic4PPC is only way to transfer , and saving data from scanning.
For each type of device, has each type of software (originally I think).
My device MC70 work with ScanWedge.exe.
I'm not sure where I found for download, and I'm not sure does he work with MC50 (your device).
Anyway this exe is free, (with all another small programs for pocketPc's), so If you think that maybe ScanWedge will be helpful for you , I can send you like attachment (sure, you can download from here only if you are registered member.)

And (i forgot), scanWedge is software who, after startUp, it's gone from " Running Programs " Tab - on device, and It is hidden, but stil work ;).

I use it, like :
Shell(AppPath & "\ScanWedge.exe","")

and I turn off with DZ library :
dz.PostMessageToWindow("ScanWedge Example", 16, 0, 0) - where 16 is close function.

Regard