iOS Question Hosted Builder Compile Problem B4i Ver 7.5 [Solved]

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I cannot compile with the hosted builder since installing Ver 7.5.

When compiling a debug app the upload is VERY long and often the bridge disconnects from the IDE completely. I sometimes get as far as the 'Accept Install' dialog only to see the bridge disconnect. I tried a release version but I get as far as the device icon progressing to around 5-30% and then just stopping.

I have recent certificates that functioned Ok before upgrade. I have deleted and reinstalled the B4i bridge which was unusually slow but successful.

Any ideas?

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have already used to publish version 7.5 on apple store 6 app and I have not had any problems. Check your account/ certificate

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have.....

Reinstalled B4i 7.5
Reproduced the certificates (which worked fine until 7.5)
Reinstalled the bridge on my iPad Pro device... which was really really slow after accepting at the download dialog
Tried several different projects both large & small in both debug & release modes
Tried both servers
In debug apps it usually fails to load and connection with the IDE is often lost after a couple of minutes
Where an icon is displayed I get 'Waiting...' with no progress on the download
Sometimes the download ends with "Unable to Install XXXX Please try again later"
I have had one success in compiling a release app which works perfectly but otherwise no success at all.

I switched my attention to another proven development device, an iPhone 11 running iOS 13.6......
I deleted the bridge
I compiled another bridge app, I accepted the download at the dialog.... then nothing. No bridge installation after repeated attempts.

Aside from above there are no indication of any errors.

Perhaps on the server logs?

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
This has been a real brainteaser.

My development PC connection is a very fast 75mbs down and 35 up. Over Wifi the device connection demonstrates good speeds at 35 mbs download and 15 up. When I pinged builderX.b4x.com from my PC I got super-fast response times with no lost data so no clues there.

It occurred to me that I had fitted a new wireless access point elsewhere in the house some months ago that is fed directly from the router gateway. Unfortunately I had setup the iPad to use either Wifi source and it happened on this occasion that it was using the new one.

The B4i Bridge was functioning entirely as expected but at an extremely slow speed, too slow in fact to be usable. Sadly there are no clues from the IDE or the bridge that this has happened only repeated compile failures and bridge dropouts.

Upvote 0