How do you spend Xmas and NYE?

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will be with my sons and some friends on Xmas eve having a goose (typically for us germans, others have a more simple dinner like sausages and potatoe salad) and - of course - some drinks. Later on that evening we will go to our favourite pub. Here in Germany we celebrate on December, 24th. 25th and 26th is more about meeting the family or so.

On NYE I will see the fireworks in London :) (it's cheap to get there from Cologne and one ticket is 10 GBP. Lucky me to get 2. Maybe I meet someone from the forum there (Blue Area)?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Xmas with family, NYE usually either in Moseley (Pubs), Broad Street (city centre night clubs strip) or at The Jam House (owned by Jools Holland). But this year we will be going out to my partners local pub in Great Barr, they are having live music and a buffet.

All the above mentioned locations are in Birmingham, UK. I'm a Brummie through and through, but I actually live in Solihull now which most people still think is in Birmingham, but it's not :)

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
which most people still stink is in Birmingham, but it's not :)

Freud would have so much to say about that!!!

This will be a sad Christmas and NYE for us, as its little over 2 moths my father in law passed away... We will try to make it as pleasant as possible for the kids.. but it will be in house...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Freud would have so much to say about that!!!

This will be a sad Christmas and NYE for us, as its little over 2 moths my father in law passed away... We will try to make it as pleasant as possible for the kids.. but it will be in house...
I'm sorry to hear that Mr G, I'm sure that your family will make the best of it though, especially for the little ones. Hopefully it will snow in France and everybody can build a huge snowman...

Stink, oops that was yet another one of my world famous typos ;)